WOW!!! Gotta be quick on those price reductions

Christine in MO

Last night I saw that my Early Saver booking qualified for a $50 OBC. Couldn't call last night when I saw it but did screen shot it and completed & submitted the on-line form for price protection. As of this morning had not received word that it was or was not approved. Looked on-line again and that offer was already gone :( Called Carnival worried that I had missed out but she said it could take up to 48 hours to hear back after completing the form. Shortly after that I received confirmation e-mail of an approval!!!! I check pricing several times a day and was sure that special was good through Jan 1 and just been added yesterday. Oh well, I got the OBC so I'm happy...hoping that it is the first of many :)

where does everyone find these notices? is it when you log into your Carnival account, click VIFP account and then click 'my offers'? Mine always shows "nothing available"...just wasnt sure if there was another place to look!

where does everyone find these notices? is it when you log into your Carnival account, click VIFP account and then click 'my offers'? Mine always shows "nothing available"...just wasnt sure if there was another place to look!

You have go in and do a "mock" booking to see the prices or use the fare viewer.

So Early Saver can get OBC even if there are no cabins available in your category?

Yes, there has to be at least one cabin in your category for you to price match against. The only other option is if you wish to give up your assigned cabin and go into the guarantee pool. That is what we did on our sailing on the Freedom in a few weeks. We got a 220 price reduction and gave up our 4H and ended up with a 4G.

I have a question for everyone. Since when do they take taxes into consideration with price drops. My February cruise had a $10 pp price drop and submitted form and was denied and called carnival twice and got the same response. No price drop obc cus even tho the cruise went down $10 the taxes went up $10 so I'm not entitled to the obc. So needless to say the fare viewer price doesn't mean anything anymore because the taxes aren't included in the da reviewer price??? I'm so confused. Is this a new carnival price drop rule now?

Last night I saw that my Early Saver booking qualified for a $50 OBC. Couldn't call last night when I saw it but did screen shot it and completed & submitted the on-line form for price protection. As of this morning had not received word that it was or was not approved. Looked on-line again and that offer was already gone :( Called Carnival worried that I had missed out but she said it could take up to 48 hours to hear back after completing the form. Shortly after that I received confirmation e-mail of an approval!!!! I check pricing several times a day and was sure that special was good through Jan 1 and just been added yesterday. Oh well, I got the OBC so I'm happy...hoping that it is the first of many :)

I noticed a significant price drop on my cruise on 12/30. I submitted the price protection form..and heard nothing! I resubmitted yesterday and still nothing! I check my e-mail today and had two notices: "Mail Delivery Status (Delayed.) I wonder if that will eliminate my chances of OBC. Has anyone experienced this before?

I noticed a significant price drop on my cruise on 12/30. I submitted the price protection form..and heard nothing! I resubmitted yesterday and still nothing! I check my e-mail today and had two notices: "Mail Delivery Status (Delayed.) I wonder if that will eliminate my chances of OBC. Has anyone experienced this before?

Yes! Same thing happened to me twice yesterday! Weird email isn't it? It almost looks like spam

Yes! Same thing happened to me twice yesterday! Weird email isn't it? It almost looks like spam

Indeed it does! It said no need to resend, so I didn't. Now I'm wondering if I should start the whole process over again!:confused: Please post your outcome!

I have a question for everyone. Since when do they take taxes into consideration with price drops. My February cruise had a $10 pp price drop and submitted form and was denied and called carnival twice and got the same response. No price drop obc cus even tho the cruise went down $10 the taxes went up $10 so I'm not entitled to the obc. So needless to say the fare viewer price doesn't mean anything anymore because the taxes aren't included in the da reviewer price??? I'm so confused. Is this a new carnival price drop rule now?

I don't usually book Early Saver but I have heard of this happening - it was someone on our last April 2014 Breeze cruise, so it isn't new.

In the future, maybe if you submit your form through different providers, it would cover you in case one is messed up. Between Internet Explorer, Firefox or Chrome, you should get at least 1 that is running smoothly.

Taxes are taken into consideration as well as any OBC that is associated with the promotion that you're currently booked at. If you have any OBC for other reasons, that would still be applied, but you could lose a small amount of OBC if you had a promotion that gave you 20 or 50 dollars worth.

Indeed it does! It said no need to resend, so I didn't. Now I'm wondering if I should start the whole process over again!:confused: Please post your outcome!

I got the same thing, and it said it would try again 1/2/15. I resubmitted the form this morning using Chrome on my iPad, I received confirmation this afternoon that my price drop was approved!

Happy camper here! Great way to start the new year!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app via my iPad, pardon the typos!

Just to confirm for those above that mentioned screenshots -- is a screenshot from the Fare Viewer page enough? Or do you need to do something better than that (i.e. start a booking and screenshot the total before checking out)?

- John...

Just to confirm for those above that mentioned screenshots -- is a screenshot from the Fare Viewer page enough? Or do you need to do something better than that (i.e. start a booking and screenshot the total before checking out)?

- John...

I've always screenshot the mock booking page that displays the new total with taxes.

I've always screenshot the mock booking page that displays the new total with taxes.

This is what I did too. I did not have a price reduction just a $50 OBC for new bookings but that showed on the screen shot as well. Although I did not need to submit it to them as proof I did have it if I needed it :)

Has anyone just contacted their PVP to see if there was a price drop or do you just check it yourself online and go from there.

I've done both.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app