Booked P&O

Good choice! We did a similar itinerary on Oceana a couple of years ago, really nice ship and very good passengers. We usually went to cafe Jardin for lunch every day, excellent food and quiet and refined. We are doing celebrity this year, again a similar itinerary but we are doing this cruise for the ship, rather than the itinerary. Our last celebrity cruise was outstanding and we are hoping our next one will be similar. I think that, if not celebrity next year, then it will be P&O. Notice I have not mentioned Thomson. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise, we had no complaints at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is my dilemma, shot2bits.

I really fancy a Dream itinerary to the Med but the Eclipse to the Baltic is the same price for a balcony cabin as opposed to an outside on Dream. There really is no comparison in terms of value for money.

Only you can make the decision. The rest of us on here can only share our experiences and you can judge. However, price and VFM are very important factors and I believe that it is the VFM part that Thomson lack.

Just finished booking a Baltic cruise on Fred Olsen's Boudicca leaving Newcastle port. Would have loved to try Eclipse but DH refused to travel to Southampton from the north east. FO is not cheap either.

Sorry Linda, I'll change my Countdown eventually! ;)

Oh well done Jackie :):) I shall look out for your countdown clock, ha ha!

Just finished booking a Baltic cruise on Fred Olsen's Boudicca leaving Newcastle port. Would have loved to try Eclipse but DH refused to travel to Southampton from the north east. FO is not cheap either.

Sorry Linda, I'll change my Countdown eventually! ;)

I think you'll love it. We went to the Baltic a few years ago and the itinerary was fantastic. All the ports were excellent.

Edited by happy v

Sorry Linda I thought I replied to you and said it looked like a lovely itinerary, but I've just been reading back and realised I'd only done this 'in my head' :o:o...........I'm getting worse, really must concentrate more in 2015. :rolleyes::D:D

Only you can make the decision. The rest of us on here can only share our experiences and you can judge. However, price and VFM are very important factors and I believe that it is the VFM part that Thomson lack.

Ron, what does VFM mean? ;)

Ron, what does VFM mean? ;)

Value for money, Jackie. Nice to see you are still a frequent visitor here! I will never forget standing with our life jackets on for the muster drill and you coming over and asking if I was Shot to bits! I was, as my wife will confirm (as you know)!

Value for money, Jackie. Nice to see you are still a frequent visitor here! I will never forget standing with our life jackets on for the muster drill and you coming over and asking if I was Shot to bits! I was, as my wife will confirm (as you know)!

:D:D:D Just chuckling about this. A good job Jackie picked the right man! Imagine what someone would have thought if she asked them "Are you shot to bits" and they weren't :D

Sorry Linda I thought I replied to you and said it looked like a lovely itinerary, but I've just been reading back and realised I'd only done this 'in my head' :o:o...........I'm getting worse, really must concentrate more in 2015.
Ha ha Vera - join the club! Judging by the time of your post, I think you should get to bed a bit earlier :D:D:D

:D:D:D Just chuckling about this. A good job Jackie picked the right man! Imagine what someone would have thought if she asked them "Are you shot to bits" and they weren't :D

It was, wasn't it! It was ok because we had shared cabin numbers on here beforehand and we were in next door cabins! So i remembered his number easily and I just listened out for his cabin number. It didn't work on another cruise when I asked numerous people if they were Scarey Mary!! Got into some lovely conversations though.

I think your wife was rather confused. Did she know your name on here? Lol. I don't have any Thomson cruises booked at the moment but as this is such a lovely, friendly site I shall continue to visit most days. Guess I should visit Fred's site too.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

:D

I think I have been blackalled on P&O as I have put a few comments on and asked a question, but no replies. I hope the people on the ship aren't like that :eek::eek::D

No, I think it's just the way it is on there Linda - nothing like as friendly, helpful, chatty or tolerant! I feel like you about it - seems like a lot of point scoring goes on. But we didn't find the folk we met on board like that - thankfully! :eek:

Very sloooow on Fred Jackie, but friendly :D

I think I have been blackalled on P&O as I have put a few comments on and asked a question, but no replies. I hope the people on the ship aren't like that :eek::eek::D

The Fred FB site is hibernating at present! But the P&O FB site has been very busy commentating about Aurora's first cruise after some alterations. It seems that it is not just Thomson ships that have trouble with the plumbing, etc, but the P&O FB comments are not very nice at all. I too hope you don't meet people like that on board.

No, I think it's just the way it is on there Linda - nothing like as friendly, helpful, chatty or tolerant! I feel like you about it - seems like a lot of point scoring goes on. But we didn't find the folk we met on board like that - thankfully! :eek:

Thanks for the reassurance Kruzseeka :) Glad to see you intervened on the one about St Lucia. Some of the posts were very crude! Seems two people on there are in a personal battle!

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2145408#post45147001

The Fred FB site is hibernating at present! But the P&O FB site has been very busy commentating about Aurora's first cruise after some alterations. It seems that it is not just Thomson ships that have trouble with the plumbing, etc, but the P&O FB comments are not very nice at all. I too hope you don't meet people like that on board.
I have been assured by peope who have been on P&O that it is not like that on board :)

Thanks for the reassurance Kruzseeka :) Glad to see you intervened on the one about St Lucia. Some of the posts were very crude! Seems two people on there are in a personal battle!

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2145408#post45147001

Appalling. I think at least one post should have been deleted - but then again by leaving it, it does help posters get a measure of the people you're dealing with - which is worth knowing. I wasn't impressed with that poster on another thread after a mild exchange but wondered if it was just me. Point scoring seems to figure a lot with some people. Now I know not to get involved!!! :rolleyes:

Says a lot about someone - and they have the nerve to feel superior to Thomson!!!!! :rolleyes: They could learn a thing or two from this board! Superior in every respect; information, warmth, helpfulness, support, humour - and respect!!!!!!!!!

Appalling. I think at least one post should have been deleted - but then again by leaving it, it does help posters get a measure of the people you're dealing with - which is worth knowing. I wasn't impressed with that poster on another thread after a mild exchange but wondered if it was just me. Point scoring seems to figure a lot with some people. Now I know not to get involved!!! :rolleyes:

Says a lot about someone - and they have the nerve to feel superior to Thomson!!!!! :rolleyes: They could learn a thing or two from this board! Superior in every respect; information, warmth, helpfulness, support, humour - and respect!!!!!!!!!

Very true Kruzseeka :):)

Hi, a belated happy new year to all. :)

Well done for booking the P&O Linda.

We might be joining you, been looking at the 17 nighter, it's cheaper than any of the Thomson offerings (albeit a little colder itinerary) and it means I can get a long holiday for only having to take 11 days off work.

We have been on the Oceana twice, you have no need to worry about the ship Linda, it's a lot plusher that the Thomson fleet. As S2B mentioned lunch in cafe Jardin is excellent, they also do a nice late night hot chocolate or horlicks in there.

The only negatives we could find are that most of the passengers are tucked up by 10.30pm, and this was on the Christmas cruise:eek: , some of the staff are a bit standoffish, and the MPW offering in cafe Jardin for the evening we found was very over salted, not worth paying extra for.

I suggest you check out my recent P&O Oceana threads over there. I seem to have stirred up some people ;)

I believe out of the box thinking and trying new ideas is what all cruise lines should be doing. Rest on your existing offering and customer base and you are in danger.

Thomson are in danger, their hardware is just not up to market standards. They MUST HAVE NEW BUILDS or the changing fuel regs will finish them off.

I suggest you check out my recent P&O Oceana threads over there. I seem to have stirred up some people ;)

I believe out of the box thinking and trying new ideas is what all cruise lines should be doing. Rest on your existing offering and customer base and you are in danger.

Thomson are in danger, their hardware is just not up to market standards. They MUST HAVE NEW BUILDS or the changing fuel regs will finish them off.

Lots of people now saying they won't go back on them and lots of poor reviews too.

Hi, a belated happy new year to all. :)

Well done for booking the P&O Linda.

We might be joining you, been looking at the 17 nighter, it's cheaper than any of the Thomson offerings (albeit a little colder itinerary) and it means I can get a long holiday for only having to take 11 days off work.

We have been on the Oceana twice, you have no need to worry about the ship Linda, it's a lot plusher that the Thomson fleet. As S2B mentioned lunch in cafe Jardin is excellent, they also do a nice late night hot chocolate or horlicks in there.

The only negatives we could find are that most of the passengers are tucked up by 10.30pm, and this was on the Christmas cruise:eek: , some of the staff are a bit standoffish, and the MPW offering in cafe Jardin for the evening we found was very over salted, not worth paying extra for.

MPW?? Sorry you have lost me Joe :o

Look forward to meeting up then if you do book :)

What time is the late show then, if everyone is in bed by 10.30pm? :eek:

Like the sound of the hot chocolate (can I have some Baileys in it? -heehee)

Marco Pierre White.....

I can't remember the show times, but they are not up to the usual Thomson standard, however the guest artists are good and there are a few of them rather than the one that Thomson fly in.

I remember wandering around on Christmas eve at 11.30pm and the only ones in the Atrium were us and some staff members taking pictures by the tree. Even the disco was empty.