Azura Reviews

Judith Chalmers 48

The problem with reviews is that it is a snap-shot in time. Food, entertainment, itineraries, passenger demographics, weather and mechanical issues can all affect the perceotion of a cruise - but these can and will change.

What features of a cruise are important to one is less so or even irrelevant to another. So you do have to read between the lines a bit .... and read a lot of reviews so that you can determine whether issues being raised matter to you, or whether they are likely to recur on a cruise you have booked or are considering.

I'm reluctant to label people as 'moaners' from reviews. I would definitely say I have met one or two on various cruises - but not that many tbh. And oft times they had a valid point if rather an irritanting way of going on about it. Of course you do sometimes read a review which seems very much a complaint - but perhaps with cause. But surely that's what forums are for - to report the good and the bad? No point in getting upset because people have different takes on the same cruise/ship. I for one, would rather get a range of opinions and make my choices on balance from what I read.

True to say some too have a passion for one particular ship and will not concede there could possibly be anything amiss - it's all too easy therefore to label someone a complainer if they dion't agree wholeheartedly with their view of their favourite ship.

I find I take a lot of note about design issues (too little theatre seating, loungers etc) as these are going to be a constant. If I don't like the sound if what I'm reading and a lot of people mention it then I would probably think very hard about the implications for me if I were to consider that ship.

Food and entertainment are more subjective but if a lot of people complain then perhaps there is an issue. If it's only a few passing comments then perhaps it's worth ignoring or at least look for a balance and see if a) it sounds like it relates just to the person's personal preferences/likes and dislikes b) it's a repeated problem for posters and c) in subsequent months you see an improvement in the reviews on that score. These are issues which can, and do, change on the same ship. We would wish they didn't but experience has proved differently.

And at the end of the day, reviews are basically comparisons. The ship which comes at the bottom of my list of preferred ships still provided me with a great cruise. But if I am to have preferences something has to come at the bottom of the list - doesn't mean I wouldn't necessarily go on it again subject to price and itinerary - it's an 'on balance' decision.

But in mentioning any issues which I perceive as a negative, would that make me a moaner or someone trying to draw comparisons for others to make of what they will?

Edited by kruzseeka

We're booked to go to the fjords on Azura in May. Can't wait. We sailed on her to the Baltic in 2011 and had a great time - cabin and food both good and the destinations were brilliant, especially St Petersburg. We did the 2 day tour of the Fall of the Romanov Dynasty which was excellent and also loved Stockholm. Thought about booking on Aurora but the balcony cabins that were left didn't look as good so chose Azura as itinerary more or less the same :)

Another thumbs up for Azura from me, we have been on her 2 or 3 times in the Caribbean and done 2 European cruises from Southampton.

She isn't perfect, which ship is, but you get plenty of choice for dining, drinking and entertainment. Loads of outside space including a prom deck which is almost wrap around.

The cabins are spacious and have walk in wardrobes which make life really easy.

We are next aboard for the Fjords in July and have also booked to be on her in the Caribbean in 2017, both were booked for the itinery, but very happy that it is Azura.

I don't have a favourite ship because they all have different merits, but if pushed it would probably be Azura.