Cinnamon Bay

mlrack101

We will be docking in St Thomas on 2/2 and are looking to venture over to St John via Red Hook. We are super early risers so we plan on being right off the ship and over to the ferry. Last time we did Trunk and this time looking in to Cinnamon. Are there public restrooms there are are the taxis back to the port for the ferry back across as readily available as they are at Trunk.

Thanks everyone!

Yes to both, we have been twice and both times hiked the trail down to the beach. The cab back did wait several minutes for others before heading back to cruz bay which made us extremely nervous but just be sure to allow plenty of time.

Kathy-Central Indiana

Mom to four (2girls-17&13), (2boys-14&11)

Carnival Liberty (Southern) 4/2015)

Carnival Conquest (11/13) Repositioning

Carnival Liberty (4/13) Eastern

Carnival Destiny (6/04) Southern

Yes to both, we have been twice and both times hiked the trail down to the beach. The cab back did wait several minutes for others before heading back to cruz bay which made us extremely nervous but just be sure to allow plenty of time.

Kathy-Central Indiana

What would be plenty of time? I'm really considering doing Trunk Bay on my own this time (in a month!!), but I don't know the first thing on how I would get there, or how much time to allot for travel. Any insight?

It's very easy to do. Take a taxi to Red Hook and then catch the ferry to Cruz Bay. Once there you'll find a ton of open air taxis to take you were ever you want to go on the island. Same for the reverse. Id suggest leaving STJ in the 2pm ferry if you're all aboard is 430ish. Traffic can be heavy getting back into STT

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi I have a couple of questions about Cinnamon Beach. Is there a hike to the beach? If so, what is it like, steep or gradual, short or long, rocky or smooth. Also, is Cinnamon good for just playing in the water, not necessarily snorkeling?

Thanks!

I spend quite a bit of time each year on St John.

Cinnamon Bay is the site of the campgrounds-so there is a bathroom, a small store, and a restaurant (not near the water). It is windier there than on other St John beaches. You can rent windsurf, hobies, paddle boats there. There is a small archeological museum right on the beach-check it out if it's open.

I would suggest picking up sandwiches in either red hook or cruz bay (there's a deli in mongoose junction). No bottles are allowed on the National Park beaches.

Taxi prices are set in the USVI. They are open air safari taxis. Cinnamon Bay is further than Trunk Bay.

Hi I have a couple of questions about Cinnamon Beach. Is there a hike to the beach? If so, what is it like, steep or gradual, short or long, rocky or smooth. Also, is Cinnamon good for just playing in the water, not necessarily snorkeling?

Thanks!

There is a trail that leads to the beach that is 1.2 miles downhill. It is steep in some places but I have balance issues and did it with no trouble, just had to go a little slower in some spots. Honestly, it doesn't seem much different from hiking here in indiana, until you see the beautiful vistas! It took the 7 of us about 30-45 minutes with allowing plenty of time for enjoying the views. We have done is twice and cinnamon is a great place for playing in the water. Gorgeous gradual slope in the water, a tiny bit of waves when we were there but nothing major by shore. The snorkeling is further out. We spent most of our time playing in the water throwing a ball around and building sand castles. You don't have to hike, you would have to asked to be dropped at the cinnamon trailhead to do so, otherwise the taxi can take you directly to the beach.

Kathy-Central Indiana

ImageUploadedByForums1421322244.294683.jpg.9386ac0d9883dc4032da9eeb94c3202f.jpg

Photos from our hike and then the beach.

Kathy-Central Indiana

ImageUploadedByForums1421322209.493623.jpg.f8ebea2b1da9f917af2be600a312d066.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1421322229.815066.jpg.341d49ac4ddf60fd50662bde6a9bb881.jpg