Same day restaurant reservations?

Trail46

I get the impression that if you want to dine about 7 or 7:30 in the complementary restaurants that it will be difficult if not impossible to make the reservations on the same day? Is that true? And what about the fee restaurants...are they more accessible same day?

Thanks for any hep!

I did make my reservations on a day to day basis. 7 or 7:30 might be busy but not impossible.

A table for two is more difficult, but if you want to share table, not a problem.

Some restaurants are more popular then others: Silk, Wonderland and Jamie's Italian, while Grande, Chick and American Icon Grill are less crowded.

[YOUTUBE]Vf0Ou8LMdK0[/YOUTUBE]

I did make my reservations on a day to day basis. 7 or 7:30 might be busy but not impossible.

A table for two is more difficult, but if you want to share table, not a problem.

Some restaurants are more popular then others: Silk, Wonderland and Jamie's Italian, while Grande, Chick and American Icon Grill are less crowded.

[YOUTUBE]Vf0Ou8LMdK0[/YOUTUBE]

So even if a venue shows not available to reserve at that time, there might be space if you will share a table with others? Interesting. Sharing is not a problem.

At disembarkation, a family mentioned to me that they could not get into any restaurants for the entire 7 days and ended up eating at the buffet every night. We had tried the buffet once and it was awful. Not sure what the entire story was with this family, but I would suggest that reservations be made before you board. Although even with reservations, the waits we encountered ranged from 30 minutes to an hour depending upon the restaurant. Our reservations were for 8:30 pm for a party of 2. I suggest not to eat in American Icon. We took our first bite of our entrees and left.

As for the specialty restaurants, as the week went on, it was difficult to impossible to get reservations for Jamie Oliver or Wonderland.

Maybe our experience may have been different than others due to being on the Christmas cruise, but I put myself in the group that was highly dissatisfied with what we encountered.

Edited by kiyoko

So even if a venue shows not available to reserve at that time, there might be space if you will share a table with others? Interesting. Sharing is not a problem.

At least my experience - the restaurants available for reservation prior to the cruise was quite different form the actual day at the cruise.

We did all reservations at the day using Royal iQ

Only restaurants I saw fully booked was Silk, Wonderland and Jamie's Italien

Free tables at Grande, American Icon Grill and Chic.

We had tried the buffet once and it was awful.

I suggest not to eat in American Icon. We took our first bite of our entrees and left.

As for the specialty restaurants, as the week went on, it was difficult to impossible to get reservations for Jamie Oliver or Wonderland.

I do agree for the buffet - while we did have dinner twice at American Icon Grill with no complaints.

Better to reserve Jamie Oliver or Wonderland in advance.