On-line check in Dream. Sails on Sunday.

CanDMan47

I haven't seen anyone else on here with this problem, but all three parties I'm traveling with had them. I still do.

About mid-Dec we decided to print our luggage tags and print our boarding passes. I was first, from my home. I got the following message

"How did you get here? We apologize for the error that occurred while processing your request. Carnival.com technical support has been notified of the problem and will work to resolve the issue quickly."

Like I said, that's almost two weeks now. I took my info to one of my traveling partners that evening. They got the same errors, as did my third party of travelers. Though, the second and third parties used the same network, I did not.

Eventually, with everyday persistence, they were able to get everything they wanted, printed. I've only been able to do two luggage tags. I'll make copies, that will be enough. But I can't print boarding passes. Are my going to have a hard time at the check-in area getting passes?

I haven't seen anyone else on here with this problem, but all three parties I'm traveling with had them. I still do.

About mid-Dec we decided to print our luggage tags and print our boarding passes. I was first, from my home. I got the following message

"How did you get here? We apologize for the error that occurred while processing your request. Carnival.com technical support has been notified of the problem and will work to resolve the issue quickly."

Like I said, that's almost two weeks now. I took my info to one of my traveling partners that evening. They got the same errors, as did my third party of travelers. Though, the second and third parties used the same network, I did not.

Eventually, with everyday persistence, they were able to get everything they wanted, printed. I've only been able to do two luggage tags. I'll make copies, that will be enough. But I can't print boarding passes. Are my going to have a hard time at the check-in area getting passes?

You will still be able to board. However, I would call Carnival and try to get this resolved so you don't have to worry about it. You can try clearing your cache/cookies or try using another browser such as FireFox or Google Chrome.

You will still be able to board. However, I would call Carnival and try to get this resolved so you don't have to worry about it. You can try clearing your cache/cookies or try using another browser such as FireFox or Google Chrome.

Thanks. I've done the cache clearing, but I'll try again.

John

I would try what was suggested above and get your boarding pass printed out. Ours was checked a couple times while embarking in New Orleans for the Dec 7th sailing. The lines were long and the process was slow. As a result there were multiple people checking the paperwork during the process. One even marked them before going through the scanners.

It was definitely a different experience going through embarkment for the Carnival Dream. The other lines which sail out of there have you go right to the person checking you in. They have a different process.

Will it be possible to go to the terminal on Sat to get it sorted? I'm guessing they run other ships or lines out of here, maybe. But with my thyroid cancer really affecting my speaking voice, even more so over the phone, I like to inkdo as much online or face to face as possible. And I can't get the online help quick enough now that I've waited so late. So do you think they'll let me in the terminal Sat to take care of this mess?

Thanks for your knowledge in advance,

John

Will it be possible to go to the terminal on Sat to get it sorted? I'm guessing they run other ships or lines out of here, maybe. But with my thyroid cancer really affecting my speaking voice, even more so over the phone, I like to inkdo as much online or face to face as possible. And I can't get the online help quick enough now that I've waited so late. So do you think they'll let me in the terminal Sat to take care of this mess?

Thanks for your knowledge in advance,

John

Just a guess, but probably not. They usually don't allow anyone into the terminal that is not an employee or booked on the cruise. Have you tried using another browser?

--Could one of your friend's call for you? Carnival was able to email a PDF of our boarding pass, luggage tags and health forms when their site went wonky on me.

--Are you traveling in the same cabin as your friends? If so you can print out/copy a boarding pass.

--If you cannot get the boarding pass to print you could bring any other confirmation you have, such as an email or TA statement. At worst you could take a luggage tag. It will give the port your booking number and sail date. They'd still have to check your name against the manifest.

One cruise friend's had forgotten to print out their boarding pass. After a bit of waiting they were found on the manifest. This happens more often than you think.

Edited by SadieN