Getaway Haven Question #1

Windy56

I am a bit confused about the requirement to book restaurants and shows in advance. We will be on a back to back two week cruise on the Getaway in a Haven Spa cabin during the last week of February and first week of March.

My husband is anxious to book restaurants and shows in advance. However, I thought I read on CC that if you were in a Haven cabin, you could get your concierge to book when you board or even last minute, as on the day you want to eat or see a show. I was under the impression that there are seats set aside in the restaurants and for the shows, reserved for passengers in Haven cabins. I hate the thought of booking so far in advance and I would much prefer to decide "the morning of" if that's an option.

Should we be booking now if we don't want to be disappointed?

I am a bit confused about the requirement to book restaurants and shows in advance. We will be on a back to back two week cruise on the Getaway in a Haven Spa cabin during the last week of February and first week of March.

My husband is anxious to book restaurants and shows in advance. However, I thought I read on CC that if you were in a Haven cabin, you could get your concierge to book when you board or even last minute, as on the day you want to eat or see a show. I was under the impression that there are seats set aside in the restaurants and for the shows, reserved for passengers in Haven cabins. I hate the thought of booking so far in advance and I would much prefer to decide "the morning of" if that's an option.

Should we be booking now if we don't want to be disappointed?

I asked recently and was told that Haven passengers should have no problem booking restaurants and shows on board! Hopefully that's true - we're in the Haven on Epic next month and don't plan to book anything ahead of time :)

In my experience, the concierge can make almost any entertainment or dining request happen for small parties (2-4). However, when we've been with larger groups (8), we've had to be a bit more flexible. The concierge was still able to get us in wherever we liked, but sometimes at a slightly different time. For me, I'd rather wait & go with the flow on board. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks, Puddles. Good to know that we can plan day by day, with the assistance of the concierge, rather than locking in to a time and place. It's our vacation. I don't want to adhere to a schedule! My husband, on the other hand, likes dealing with certainties.

My husband and I were in a Haven Spa Suite on the Getaway in October. We waited until the night before or day of to book all of our dining and entertainment (except chef's table) and we never had a problem getting a reservation. One day we checked one of the screens around the ship because we wanted to see Legally Blonde that night, it said there was no availability. We went to talk to the concierge, Ruth, and I asked her if we could make reservations for another night as tonight said there were no seats available and she said "I'll make them available" and she did. Keep in mind there were only two of us, for larger parties you may need to be more flexible as one of the above posters mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I think it varies on each sailing. We were in the Haven in September. I had made reservations ahead of time, but wanted to change the time of our dinner at Cagneys one night, but the concierge was not able to do so. We also tried to make a reservation at LeBistro for Friday night on Thursday because we enjoyed it so much, again no luck. We were only a party of 2. We were able to get into the comedy shows even though they showed no availability. I would say if there is a place you have your heart set on eating at, make the reservation so you won't be disappointed.

No problems booking once you are onboard. Have fun and come join the roll call!

We have never been turned down either, and have even bumped non-haven cabins when in line. Example: last Feb we walked up to the counter where Cagneys was booked solid, flashed our Haven cards, and were seated immediately. People behind us were told it would be a 15-20 minute wait, and were upset we were seated without reservations. I smiled and said that we are in The Haven, and have priority seating and reservations, and will be seated upon request.

Sent from my iPad using Forums