Formal night on AOS- tux rental?

Good Morning

My husband and I are cruising on Adventure on Feb 15th. He is thinking of renting a tux. We really like to "dress up" on formal nights plus saves space in packing (more room for my stuff).

But, after reading a bunch of comments on the message boards, we are wondering if anyone actually dresses up this much anymore on RC.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Holly

Thanks Bob - I had a feeling that would be the answer....

Does RC still send (snail mail) a package to cruisers and in that package is the tux rental info?

No they now email an electronic package (cruise documents). That package will contain info on tux rentals.

Just to step on my soap box for a minute, we also enjoy formal nights but unfortunately, the new DD "disaster dining as it is not so warmly referred to on the Quantum" will put an end to formal nights. We are currently booked on the Oasis for December 2015 but will be canceling if DD is implemented.

Thanks Bob - I had a feeling that would be the answer....

Does RC still send (snail mail) a package to cruisers and in that package is the tux rental info?

Nothing is automatically sent by mail anymore. You can pay $35 for paper documents if you like. Otherwiese Royal provides a link to download electronic documents at 49 days before the cruise.

Here is a link for tux rentals:

https://tuxedorentals.rccl.com/tuxedo/tuxrental.nsf

No they now email an electronic package (cruise documents). That package will contain info on tux rentals.

Just to step on my soap box for a minute, we also enjoy formal nights but unfortunately, the new DD "disaster dining as it is not so warmly referred to on the Quantum" will put an end to formal nights. We are currently booked on the Oasis for December 2015 but will be canceling if DD is implemented.

How does DD end formal nights? You can go formal any night of the cruise in the Grande.

Thanks for the link - We are at 45 days and I did the on-line check in yesterday.

I'm sure I will get my e-mail with the documents in the next couple of days.

You may or may not get an ermail from Royal. However, if you are at 45 days, there's a good chance your edocs have been issued. They would be accessible on your booking on Royal's website.