help with info and decision

Ellsinore

Booked on the 2/22 sailing of Dream out of NO.

Currently booked inside stateroom which we have never sailed in before (always ov).

Prices have dropped since booking: Can upgrade balcony (8a) for $448 or can receive on board credit of $180. Which would you do?

Also, we are supposed to have $200 of OBC coming due to a problem on a cruise last summer. So far it doesn't appear on cruise documents. If we upgrade will we lose that OBC? If it hasn't been applied yet, does it matter? When will it be applied?

Not sure which way I want to go and haven't asked DW because if I upgrade, I want to surprise her. But input might help me make a decision, especially of someone has an experience that would shed some light on this.

thanks.

While others may disagree, I would take the $180! That's a lot of money and over $400 for a balcony isn't worth it IMHO. But then again, I may be weird in that fact that I always had to have a balcony, swore I would never cruise in anything less. Well out of my last 5 cruises, 4 have been in an OV, and an inside the last time. My next one will be an inside as well. I would rather cruise more often.

As far as your other OBC I would call Carnival. It may be on your reservation and you just can't see it, or they may have not put it on there. I would double check. I wouldn't think you would loose it by upgrading, but only Carnival can answer that for sure.

OBC that is not part of a promotion cruise rate will stay if you change. Call customer service to ask about it BEFORE your cruise. It should appear on your booking, but they don't always do so. No matter what, it should show on your account when you board. Check it out early so you have time to get it fixed.

If balconies are important, take the balcony. If you barely see the inside of the room, take the inside and the money. My DW takes cruises to sit on the balcony, even going so far as to not want to take a free cruise in an interior...first world problems, right?

So, pick what's best for you.

Thanks for the information. It's a tough decision for me. I love to people watch even when I'm not actively involved in something and, heretofore, we have spent very little time in the rooms we've had. However, I can certainly see where we'd enjoy spending some quiet time on our balcony having coffee in the morning or a relaxing drink in the evening. First world problems for sure! lol

Keep the info coming... anyone.... anyone.

Thanks for the information. It's a tough decision for me. I love to people watch even when I'm not actively involved in something and, heretofore, we have spent very little time in the rooms we've had. However, I can certainly see where we'd enjoy spending some quiet time on our balcony having coffee in the morning or a relaxing drink in the evening. First world problems for sure! lol

Keep the info coming... anyone.... anyone.

You could also enjoy a morning coffee or relaxing drink at night somewhere semi-secluded on the lido deck too. It's all up to whether that little extra bonus is worth extra $400+ and missing out on the $180 OBC too. Personally, I'd take the OBC and stay in an inside.