Scrapbooking Inspiration!!!!

shealea

moved my mom in and now I can't find the books and some of my tools (was in a tote)....... I hope it turns up because I had three CM albums, etc in there and we can't get them anymore.....

If you can't find them let me know I may have some CM albums in my basement. Of course that means I would have to find them as son is redoing the basement for me and my stuff is a mess.

I have found my people. I can't believe I never noticed this scrapbooking thread. I'm leaving on a Alaska cruise on Tueasday, May 12 and I have my camera and spare batteries ready. We get back on May 22 and that night I go to a crop at Scrapbook Island in Los Gatos. I'm starting on my cruise album that night. I'm so excited.

Have fun in Alaska! Just a couple days now....

Hi all, I am a scrapbook addict too, lol! I have been on 8 cruises but definitely haven't scrapped them all. I did finish a 12 x 12 book of our cruise to Tahiti and the Cook Islands. Never finished the Disney cruise to the western Carribean with our granddaughter, then age 5. I did finish our cruise around the British Isles and our Disney cruise to the Baltics with the same granddaughter age 10 this time. I made a small special chipboard book of our Alaskan cruise as a gift for my husband. And started but never finished our West coast week long cruise. We just got back from a transatlantic cruise ending with a 4 day stay in Venice. I've bought tons of paper and embellishments for this and between my husband and I, we took over 2000 pictures!

I go to a four day crop three times a year, the next one coming up the beginning of July. I also wanted to do another chipboard book for my husband for this trip too. I really need to find some time to work on this at home, but I too help my two daughters with some babysitting.

Does anyone else have the Cricut Explore? I love mine,it has been great for titles and making special embellishments. Glad I found this thread, maybe we can share ideas!

Another scrapbooking addict happy to find this spot! My screen name actually came from my love of all things Irish and scrapbooking. My husband called me a 'cropper' whenever I was heading out to a scrapbooking weekend. I mostly scrapbook trips we've been on. Have done several cruise albums (Alaska favorite). Going on our 1st med cruise the end of Sept. Have started collecting some goodies to use. Really miss all the local stores that have closed. Can only get specialty items on line.

Does anyone else have the Cricut Explore? I love mine,it has been great for titles and making special embellishments. Glad I found this thread, maybe we can share ideas!

I don't have the Explore but the Expression. What is the difference?

Really miss all the local stores that have closed. Can only get specialty items on line.

Where do you shop online. I like a lot of Technique Tuesday stuff. They have some good scrapbook stamps and dies. Other then that I get some stuff off Amazon

I order online from Scrapbook Generation (in Missouri and have great brick & mortar store too), A cherry on Top, and Scrapbook.com. The gals at Scrapbook Generation bend over backwards to help you. If you can't find what you want or have any questions, just give them a call or send email. Hope you have fun shopping!

Basically the difference is you need to use a computer with the Explore. It works with a program called Design Space and you can add images or text weld things together. You can buy a yearly subscription and not have to buy any more cartridges (unless they are licensed) because all the images are available to you. You can use any font on your computer. So much fun to play with!

As for online shopping, Scrapbookpal is great for basic supplies. And you get free shipping for any thing over $25. I also use Scrapbook.com, Blitzy, Travel Scrappin is great when you need papers or embellishments from countries and other states you've traveled to. There are so many places to choose from Just wish I had to opportunity to actually touch things before I buy, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also a scrapbooker and am looking forward to scrapping my cruise which is coming up this month. Can anyone post some pictures of your layouts for inspiration for all of us? I would love to see them. Thanks in advance. Debbie

• 1 month later...
Heading out next weekend on cruise so will be looking for interesting photo shots and things to include.......

Confession: Still have 2 or 3 Disney trips to do. Did two and then got a bit "tired" of the theme so decided to take a break. In the meantime we straightened out the downstairs, moved my mom in and now I can't find the books and some of my tools (was in a tote)....... I hope it turns up because I had three CM albums, etc in there and we can't get them anymore.....

You can order the CM albums on Ebay. I love the albums and have ordered many this way just make sure you get the true or original 12 x 12 depending on what kind you like.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently working on our recent cruise to the Baltic's. I was trying to get it done in time to enter into the Delaware State Fair, but 60 pages is a lot to try to get done in less in a month. I still have our Christmas Markets cruise from last December to do, and our trip to New Orleans/River Boat cruise.

I find the main challenge is try to make each one a bit different. I don't want each book to have the same look. I liked the idea of an earlier poster that had done the same itinerary on the same ship 4 times in a row, and decided to do one book full of selfies. Great idea!

• 9 months later...

I have a ton of stuff for Scrapbooking.. Especially our Disney cruise... From 2008 lol. But have yet to sit down and actually scrapbook. So instead I switched to photo books. I can upload the pics and write quick blurbs and knock out a cruise book in a matter of a week.. Just a few hours a day!

Maybe you guys will inspire me to actually scrapbook... Or just sell my supplies finally lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well.. I'm also going to begin scrap booking from our previous cruises.. My husband loves it and wants more!! My husband has agreed not touch or disturb or ask questions as what is laid out on the giant table in the Rec room. I finished our first TA - from 2012 late last fall. It did come out amazing.. I have the time and bunch to get caught up on this summer. I plan on using, as did my grandmother and as I usually do, wire bound artist books and gluing the pictures down and giving a bit of information in a little blurb mounted on the page as well. I have design edge scissors and will use construction paper to make my mounting backgrounds. I will also use maps picked up in places and old cruise catalogues sacrifice their port listings to enhance the pages where needed. I have to get all the photos picked out and printed off.. Wish me luck!! I hope to be done with 3 additional TA's (including the one we married on) and two Caribbean cruises. I'll post pics as I progress.. Maybe by blogging it will inspire others to get theirs going as well.