What is an Amenity?

KMB2014

I just booked a cruise on NCL and did my online check in. On my itinerary it notes: "Amenity Details" - Free $100 On-Board Credit Certificate" I was expecting an onboard credit of $200 from the freestyle offer that I chose and that is listed above the itinerary on the reservation at a glance screen. Does this mean that I somehow got an additional $100 on board credit over and above the $200 from the promotion? Does anyone know?

I just booked a cruise on NCL and did my online check in. On my itinerary it notes: "Amenity Details" - Free $100 On-Board Credit Certificate" I was expecting an onboard credit of $200 from the freestyle offer that I chose and that is listed above the itinerary on the reservation at a glance screen. Does this mean that I somehow got an additional $100 on board credit over and above the $200 from the promotion? Does anyone know?

Amenity is anything "extra" included with your booking...OBC, UBP, UDP, wine, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. What it is depends on the promotion you booked.

My guess is that you have the $200 you expected - but it is listed at $100/pp. ;)

My guess is that you have the $200 you expected - but it is listed at $100/pp. ;)

That is how all NCL promotional OBC comes, divided between passengers 1 and 2 in the cabin, MyNCL only shows one passenger's part of it because every passenger can (in theory) have their own MyNCL account.

Edited by Demonyte

• 3 weeks later...

The current NCL offers on some cruise sites have the "Freestyle Choice Sale" (book by 1/31/2015) as well as an "Enclusive Onboard Credit Offer" (book by 12/31/2015).

Maybe you were able to double dip!

I originally had the Choose 2 Freestyle choices on my vacation summary, $200 under "Onboard Spending Money" in the blue area (Reservation at-a-Glance) and the Dining Package under "Amenity Details" in the white area (Itinerary & Planned Activities). There was no "Freestyle Choice Sale" OBC under "Amenity Details" initially.

After calling my TA early this week to adjust my 2/2015 sail date reservation, another bullet "Free $100 On-Board Credit Certificate Non -Refundable" showed up under "Amenity Details." That's when I looked up the current NCL offers and found the "Exclusive Onboard Credit Offer." Earlier today, my TA was not able to tell me if this new offer was applied to my booking or if the "Free $100..." is the OBC per person as others here have noted.

What my TA made clear is that the OBC can not be used to pay Service Charges.

Well, I'm crossing my fingers for you (and me).

Edited by RiRo424

The Amenities listed under your account on NCL.com can be confusing, as the OP has seen. It's a good idea to ask NCL to email you an "Amenity Confirmation" (sometimes called an Amenity Invoice), which will clearly list all the Amenities for everyone under your reservation. That way, you can see the total OBC and whether you have any packages, like the UBP or UDP.

Hope that's helpful.

I will find out on Sunday when I start my cruise! I'll try to let you know what I find out. I'm guessing the people who said the amenity is just showing my share of the $200 credit are probably right. But I'm also holding out a little hope that it means an extra $100. Either way, I'm happy.