Having trouble deciding, carnival conquest or RCCL Independence?

Posted this in ask a cruise question but it might be better suited here, thanks!

Both are sailing in august, the conquest is a day longer and i believe has the better itinerary . But the independence of the seas looks like a magnificent ship (flowrider, ice skating, rock climbing!). I typically sail carnival because it is cheaper, and i enjoy the comedy club and young atmosphere. haven't been on royal in about ten years. Me and my wife are young, like to stay up late, drink, go to the comedy shows etc. love to go into the pool, love the deck party on carnival. How is the royal carribean nightlife? Will we still have a good time or does the nightlife tend to die down pretty early? Which would you take? (price difference is $100 total, RCCL is more expensive and a day shorter) Do we need to make reservations for shows on the independence? Is there late food options? What kind of demographic can i expect on a summer RCCL cruise? is it mostly older passengers or is there typically a solid amount of 25-35 year olds? Thank you for your help!

RCCL

3 Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island) 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.

4 Falmouth, Jamaica 10:30 a.m. 7:00 p.m.

5 George Town, Grand Cayman 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.

6 Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 a.m. 7:00 p.m

Carnival

Sun Aug 2 Fort Lauderdale, FL 4:00pm

Mon Aug 3 At Sea

Tue Aug 4 At Sea

Wed Aug 5 St. Maarten 9:00am 6:00pm

Thu Aug 6 Antigua 8:00am 6:00pm

Fri Aug 7 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00am 4:00pm

Sat Aug 8 At Sea

Sun Aug 9 Nassau, Bahamas 1:00pm 7:00pm

Mon Aug 10 Fort Lauderdale, FL 8:00am

We actually like nassau (I know everyone else hates it)

We did Conquest last year and loved the ship. Good food, crew, clean ship and enjoyed the entertainment. That said, We are going on the Independence this time in April. We have been on its sister ships the Liberty and Freedom and there are huge differences in the two ships. Much more to do on the Independence. Flowrider, climbing wall, Ice shows, Etc. You pay more to go on the Independence and you get more. We end up on Carnival due to price and then go back to Royal when we can afford the extra cost. Both ships are wonderful, so no answer is wrong, but if you can justify the extra cost its Independence for us.

Enjoy your cruise:)

• 3 months later...