Price for Louis Vuitton purse in Italy

My neice wants me to get her a small Louis Vuitton purse while I am in Italy this october. How much do they cost in Europe? I want the real deal not a knock-off.

I stayed right next to LV in Venice and from what I saw in the window I did not go in the store.They are expensive is all I can say.I know they were priced in €,and when converted blew me away.You don't say how small,but I would say about 200/300 US.I really do think you can do better price wise in the US,but I know people want them from Europe.You may do a tad better in a lrger dept. store than a LV store,but check out both.Good luck;)

I decided that rather buying alot of souvenirs during our cruise on July 23rd, I would splurge and buy a purse from the Louis Vuitton store in Paris. My purse was 280 euros. That was for an evening bag. My daughter bought an every day purse for less but then the strap was extra. The sales lady says buying in France it is 200% cheaper for Japanese customers and 40% cheaper for Americans. Not sure about it being the same for Italy tho. Look at Louis Vuittons website to get your prices and then you will know if you are getting a good deal. For me, it was special going to Champs Elysees to see the suitcase! Have fun!

My neice wants me to get her a small Louis Vuitton purse while I am in Italy this october. How much do they cost in Europe? I want the real deal not a knock-off.

Sandyoftheseas,

My wife and I buy a lot of products from Louis Vuitton and always visit a store when we are away.I do think that their pricing is very similar wherever you go.We have found that the same product in London is the same price in Barcelona ,Paris and Palm Beach.

Only buy the real product from a Vuitton store as you really can tell a copy from the real thing.I do think that you might be better to take your niece to a store to choose what she wants so that she will be happy with her new gift.

John

When buying LV outside of the USA, the one benefit is being able to get styles not carried in the USA or in the major department stores (SFA, etc). Even the LV stores in the USA, may not carry all items. Before you make a purchase in Europe, now the price here before you purchase. Also remember if you buy on a credit card, they may charge you an exchange rate up to 3% so that adds to the price.

My wife got a real deal on an LV bag in 1999, but that was because of the strong dollar and the weak lira at the time. Given today's euro rate, this is no longer the case. I agree with the other posters; check the prices here first. I'm pretty sure LV doesn't quote prices on their website. Go to eluxury.com for pricing. All LV items are "fair trade" and cost the same everywhere.

One advantage to buying in Europe is that you can reclaim the VAT when you leave your last EU destination for home, which will save you anywhere between 13-20% of your purchase. On a $1,000 LV purse, that's a significant savings. Just be sure that even with the refund you're not paying more than you'd pay in the USA, including your local sales tax.

BTW, they are very expensive, but they really hold up. My wife's purse, which she's used every day for 5 years, looks as good as the day we bought it.

Archived