Military Discount?

tamora

Just produce your MOD 90 or Discharge Papers or Military Discount Card to your Local TA under week you will get new confirmation booking form with increase OBC thats what i did hope that helps

Thanks for this info Storeman I will get the old man to sort it out :)

Just produce your MOD 90 or Discharge Papers or Military Discount Card to your Local TA under week you will get new confirmation booking form with increase OBC thats what i did hope that helps

Also bear in mind, you must take proof of Military Service with you on your cruise. I always take a copy of my discharge papers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't understand why you need to take proof on your cruise.As far as I'm aware, the only benefit is additional OBC. We booked 3 cruises for 2015 whilst we were on Aurora, and showed my proof of service at the future cruise desk. The additional OBC was added there and then. It amounted to £30 per person. I also believe that if you send proof to P&O before you cruise, they will add it then. I therefore can't see the reason to take proof with you. Perhaps someone can clarify. I think I also recall reading somewhere, it must be done at least 7 days BEFORE sailing.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Sorry we didn't get to meet up on Aurora. Hope you and Irene had a lovely cruise.

We applied straight to P&O for the Military OBC when it was introduced on May 15th. I emailed a copy of my OH discharge papers and they emailed back confirmation and new documents with the additional credit applied.

I asked at the time if we need to apply with documents each cruise and at that time we were told to do so. Unfortunately 2 cruises were booked prior to the introduction so they are not eligible even though one isn't until March next year.

We didn't take any proof on the cruise but I think if your booking is via a TA then you are requested to take proof with you. Our bookings have been direct with P&O.

June

Hi June, yes we had a great time thank you. We did go to the Crowsnest at the appointed time, but there were lots of people there, and no particular group stood out as being a get together. We did love Aurora though, and will be on her again next Christmas in the Baltics, and in The Fjords in July.

We book directly with P&O, either on line or on board, and this year's cruises are the first ones we have booked since the introduction of the benefit. The lady on board did not want to take a copy of my documents, but took note of them and applied the OBC. I am assuming that now that they know I am ex military, they will apply future benefits automatically when we book future cruises. Or is that too simple?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Pleased you enjoyed both the cruise and the ship. Unfortunately we had some issues that caused us some problems. We had an enjoyable time but I doubt that we will go on Aurora again.

We went along to the meeting, we ended up in the Uganda room. Other people were in there but there were only about 10 of us. We chatted for about an hour.

P&O hope that they get to a point with the Military OBC of it being automatic once they have seen proof of service but it may take them a while to get to that stage.

June

One assumes it is because you are already getting a much cheaper cruise than others on the ship.

Oh yes I know that and are quite happy with it, was just pointing out that you can't get it if you book a late saver.