The Ultimate Drink Package Question

happytovacation

Does anyone remember the max price for most drinks and what brands of spirits are included in the package?

Celebrity posts a nice little list on their website so you know exactly what you are buying! I would love to see Princess' version of that!

Thank you!

I purchased the Cheers Package on my last Carnival cruise that sailed out of Galveston. We were not allowed to purchase the package on the first day because of Texas laws. I am sailing out of Bayport on the Caribbean Princess in 2016. I assume so, but will this still be the case or do they allow you to purchase and use it on the first day?

Does anyone remember the max price for most drinks and what brands of spirits are included in the package?

Celebrity posts a nice little list on their website so you know exactly what you are buying! I would love to see Princess' version of that!

Thank you!

All Inclusive Beverage Package†

You can now relax and enjoy the convenience of an all inclusive beverage package featuring any drink up to $10 including cocktails, wine, beer, sodas, lattes, cappuccinos, bottled water & more. All for just $49 USD per person per day!

†15% gratuity will be included in addition to the price. Package does not include beverages above $10, souvenir items, mini-bar items, in-room service or vending machine items. Package does not apply to Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess or Diamond Princess and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia.

All Inclusive Beverage Package†

You can now relax and enjoy the convenience of an all inclusive beverage package featuring any drink up to $10 including cocktails, wine, beer, sodas, lattes, cappuccinos, bottled water & more. All for just $49 USD per person per day!

†15% gratuity will be included in addition to the price. Package does not include beverages above $10, souvenir items, mini-bar items, in-room service or vending machine items. Package does not apply to Sun Princess, Sea Princess and Dawn Princess or Diamond Princess and Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia.

Thanks for the info but I believe the question was more on how much a drink cost. ie.. a gin and tonic a martini or a beer.

This should give you a guide. Not sure when it was done my Internet connection isn't that great so just found something close.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/princess-cruises-drinks

Edited by Anthony63

Princess drink package is cheaper than Celebrity so I wondered if they do no stock the very top shelf drinks .

Scotslizzy

I drink grey goose and my husband ketel one - both included. Ciroc was also included. Outside of a few champagne by the glass prices, I never went over the $10 a drink limit.

Thank you!

This thread has a great link to a spread sheet a wonderful CC member made up - it was helpful for me before we made the decision to buy or not. :)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

Thank you!

Majority of drinks were under $10. Beers were mostly under $7, wine by the glass had a decent selection between $7-$9. Finished my meals with a nice Remy VSOP cognac for $8. Mixed drinks averaged $6 and martinis were $8-9. Etc

I found the selection and prices to be quite decent compared to Royal Caribbean. In fact, I was finding it increasingly difficult to reach my daily quota to break even because the prices were quite affordable. I managed though ;)

I have already pre purchased the drinks package but it doesn't show on my personalizer.

Should i be worried?

When you purchased it you paid by credit card? That is the way we did it and I printed out the receipt just in case. I never saw it show up on the personalizer either.

When you purchased it you paid by credit card? That is the way we did it and I printed out the receipt just in case. I never saw it show up on the personalizer either.

I just pre puchased some items and asked the Princess rep to email me a receipt. She did so no problem but from the way she replied I don't think that a receipt is automatically emailed - you do have to ask.

Maybe call Princess and ask for a receipt to be emailed to you. I'm going to print ours out and take them onboard with me just in case. :rolleyes:

hi all, apologies not sure if theres an intro section - my first post.

I am wondering if the ship (sun princess in this case) charges for soft drinks? my partner and I do not drink alcohol but we love diet cola and I can imagine he would drink a number of these per day.

I have searched all through these posts and can only find the '$50per day' drink package, rather than a few options?

any soft drink only options? or is it free at meals/from the bar?

please advise :)

thanks,

serene

hi all, apologies not sure if theres an intro section - my first post.

I am wondering if the ship (sun princess in this case) charges for soft drinks? my partner and I do not drink alcohol but we love diet cola and I can imagine he would drink a number of these per day.

I have searched all through these posts and can only find the '$50per day' drink package, rather than a few options?

any soft drink only options? or is it free at meals/from the bar?

please advise :)

thanks,

serene

Hello Serene! :)

They offer 2 different soda packages. Yes, they do charge for soft drinks.

Unlimited Soda Package:

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited

soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations

throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #0523 – $5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package:

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,†

entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any

mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate

throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge.

Item #2312 – $8.05 per person/per day

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/gifts_services/Gifts_Services.pdf

Are the drink packages available on 2-day sailings?

I'm not seeing any terms and conditions which indicate restrictions on 2-day sailings, but NCL does...

I looked all over and all I found is that it must be purchased for the whole cruise.