The Ultimate Drink Package Question

happytovacation

No, if one one of you chooses to purchase the package, it is not required that both purchase it.

I have read that if there are 2 people in a stateroom then both must purchase the package. Has this changed.

Thankyou

Arlene

I have read that if there are 2 people in a stateroom then both must purchase the package. Has this changed.

Thankyou

Arlene

True, only 1 can purchase, not mandatory for all in cabin to purchase. My husband had the soda and more package and I had the ultimate drink package.

I'm not having luck finding info about a wine package. Can anyone tell me how much it is and specifics please ?

I have heard that its not available on all ships and some have said its only available on sailings of 10 days or more. But I hear it has been offered on recent 7 day sailings on Emerald Princess.

Two wine packages

Silver Tier: Wine priced up to $29 7 Pack - $161 10 Pack - $210 12 Pack - $240

Gold Tier: Wine priced up to $46 7 Pack - $217 10 Pack - $290 12 Pack - $336

Hope this helps

From my experience, finding someone selling these packages is not the problem. The problem is avoiding them if you have already bought or don't want one.

So, is it a problem to just walk past the tables, or politely say "no thank you, I aleady have one"?

I have never read of anyone being charged sales tax on drink packages.

I think they simply process the purchase later in the evening.

Additionally, I have never heard of anyone walking up to one

of the tables on embarcation day, and having the slightest

problem purchasing drink stickers.

I have read quite a few posts about problems with pre-purchasing

stickers.

When you purchase the package onboard they affix the sticker to you card, and they do not bill you until the next day, thus avoiding the Florida sales tax.

I also could not find an entry showing that I had paid for the Ultimate Drink Package, soda package, internet access etc. in our cruise personalizer area of the Princess website. I called and the Princess agent told me that they don't show this because it is purchased as a "gift" and sometimes you may want the purchase to be a surprise. For example, you decide you would like to buy your poor old grandma a ultimate drink package for her "wasting away again in Margaritaville" cruise and you don't want her to know about it until she gets on-board the ship. Princess will e-mail you a summary of your purchase so you can keep tabs on what you have spent on the "gifts".

We were on the Regal from the 11th to the 18th of Jan. We pre-purchased the package before leaving home. The stickers were on our room keys when we checked in. The 1st drink purchased on board was a mojito and the glass was packed with ice. It was a good drink, but there were only 3 to 4 good swallows. With all the specialty coffees and teas as well as waters and gelato, we felt like it was a worthwhile purchase. (especially not having to reconcile all the receipts!) It covered everything we had to drink all week. Only a handful of items were over the 10.00 limit. It appeared there were a considerable number of passengers that had purchased the package. :)

So the ultimate drink package gives you a 40% discount for all purchased wine bottles less than $100 each.

Question: can you have that wine poured to everyone at the table, or is that also exclusively for the UDP owner and not to be enjoyed by anyone else?

One one hand, that would make sense and seem fair, on the other, as with everything, one can envision abuse such as putting up a table in a busy hallway and take orders from passerby's offering a 20% discount :D

Wonder whether Princess has an official policy on this?

So the ultimate drink package gives you a 40% discount for all purchased wine bottles less than $100 each.

Question: can you have that wine poured to everyone at the table, or is that also exclusively for the UDP owner and not to be enjoyed by anyone else?

One one hand, that would make sense and seem fair, on the other, as with everything, one can envision abuse such as putting up a table in a busy hallway and take orders from passerby's offering a 20% discount :D

Wonder whether Princess has an official policy on this?

We were told you could "share" a purchased bottle with the table, while it's not kosher to buy someone a single glass with the package. Because we were able to find enough by the glass wine we enjoy, we never considered buying a bottle even with the 40% discount.

Edited by roadking436
can't type!

Are the drink packages available on 2-day sailings?

I'm not seeing any terms and conditions which indicate restrictions on 2-day sailings, but NCL does...

Answering myself, but...

I just successfully ordered the All Inclusive Beverage Package for a 2-day sailing.

I just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We purchased it at a table set up by the elevators. I was upset because they had free gifts for people who purchased a soda package (travel mug or cup with straw) but no gifts for the all inclusive which was the most expensive package. I felt for the money I spent I should get a free gift too!!

The package covered specialty coffee (which I only found at the International cafe, which is not a cafe, just a counter in the piazza) and it covered fresh squeezed orange juice (instead of the artificial stuff they have in the pitchers) as well as soda. I am told milkshakes were also covered but I never ordered one. We did not see any tappas and our ship did not have gelato.

The alcohol drinks were fine. But its a tall glass with lots of ice and juice and one shot of liquor. So by the end of day one I had a headache from all the sugar in my fruity specialty drinks. So I started ordering my drink, and after a few sips I would order a shot on the rocks, then mix the two together. This way I could have a stronger drink, less juice, and avoid so many calories.

Also two bars would have BOGO for an hour each. So around happy hour the pool bar would do it, then at 11pm the nightclub would do it. I didnt have to worry about that but alot of people took advantage of that, which made the bar very busy and hard to get service during those times.

Another thing to note, while you have to pay gratuity as part of your final bill, you will get better service and stronger drinks if you tip you waiter some cash. If we planned to remain at one bar for awhile, we would tip $5 between the two of us and noticed a difference.

I just got back from a 5 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We purchased it at a table set up by the elevators. I was upset because they had free gifts for people who purchased a soda package (travel mug or cup with straw) but no gifts for the all inclusive which was the most expensive package. I felt for the money I spent I should get a free gift too!!

You were upset because you didn't get some kind of "free gift" with your drink package? Like what? :eek:

Edited by Kingofcool1947

You were upset because you didn't get some kind of "free gift" with your drink package? Like what? :eek:

I understand what they were talking about. But the free gift is kinda inaccurate.

It seems that if you get a mug or a travel cup when you purchase the soda package so that you can use it for soda refills. then if you buy another package that includes soda that you should also get the mug or travel cup for soda refills. RCCL does so maybe Princess will as well at some point.