New Things to Try on Oasis

mets550

It's our first time on Oasis next month. We have been on most other RCCL classes of ship, including Freedom class, but I am interested in recommendations on things to be sure to try on Oasis. Food, drink, activities, locations--all ideas welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Josh, what makes the Oasis Class so unique are 3 things IMHO:

1) the Boardwalk (and all it includes, including the Aqua Theater);

2) Central Park;

3) Ziplining over the Boardwalk. Yes it is really short, but it's still incredibly unique.

Basically, spend as much time as possible taking in and enjoying those first 2 areas, and be sure to zipline at least once.

Have an amazing time on my favorite class of ship. I can't wait to go back for a 4th time in May (and a 5th time on Oasis III in 2016!)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

It's our first time on Oasis next month. We have been on most other RCCL classes of ship, including Freedom class, but I am interested in recommendations on things to be sure to try on Oasis. Food, drink, activities, locations--all ideas welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Ttt

Josh, what makes the Oasis Class so unique are 3 things IMHO:

1) the Boardwalk (and all it includes, including the Aqua Theater);

2) Central Park;

3) Ziplining over the Boardwalk. Yes it is really short, but it's still incredibly unique.

Basically, spend as much time as possible taking in and enjoying those first 2 areas, and be sure to zipline at least once.

Have an amazing time on my favorite class of ship. I can't wait to go back for a 4th time in May (and a 5th time on Oasis III in 2016!)

Thanks for all the feedback. Will be sure to check out the boardwalk, Central Park, and try the zipline. Any particular spots in those locations that are noteworthy (other than the Aquatheater)?

Try Sabor if you like Mexican food. We ate there for lunch twice. It's priced ala carte, prices were reasonable. I got 3 tacos and a side of rice for like $4.50.

We have a reservation here for dinner one night. The menu looks good, but is it nice enough for dinner? Or is it too casual? We don't need super-fancy dinners every night, and I understand Sabor certainly is not that, but if it's more casual than the WJ, we might reconsider and just do it for lunch.

Thanks for all the feedback. Will be sure to check out the boardwalk, Central Park, and try the zipline. Any particular spots in those locations that are noteworthy (other than the Aquatheater)?

Definitely grab a drink or two at the Trellis Bar in Central Park one night. It's an incredible experience, so serene. Of course, you can always take the Rising Tide bar to get there... ;)

We have a reservation here for dinner one night. The menu looks good, but is it nice enough for dinner? Or is it too casual? We don't need super-fancy dinners every night, and I understand Sabor certainly is not that, but if it's more casual than the WJ, we might reconsider and just do it for lunch.

I've never eaten at the WJ for dinner so can't really help you there. Sabor is very casual at least at lunch when we were there. We were there at 1 pm and it was my wife and I and one other table being served. Not sure why the food was great. I would say it would be fine for dinner if you are looking for a nice less hectic evening it would fit your needs I would say. Have a great cruise, you will love the Oasis.

One other thing don't get a margarita there or at the outside bar beside it. $12 and mostly ice. Sticker shock for sure.

Edited by Sky616