Does Carnival offer a Photo Package?

quest2best

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm not really interested in prints, just the digital images. If I remember correctly from the past, the cost of each digital image on Carnival was $15 or so AFTER purchasing the corresponding print image which was $10 to $20. I guess I really do need to locate my camera before we leave!!! :)

They do have something a little different now but it's not like Disney :(

They give you a card to mark each pic you buy. After 5 you get a free lanyard or something. After 10 you get a free cup or something. After a specified number, you get a USB shaped like a boat with all your pics on it.

My numbers may be off, but I think it's like 5, 10, and 15.

I have 2 USB boats. <uggg>

I really need a Disney type package.

We just got off the Pride. They seem to have a new deal now.

10 pics for $149

20 pics for $249

All your photo prints & digital files for $349 (this also includes a 20x30 canvas print)

Yeah...been hoping for a long time they would make some package deals! This is awesome. Do you know if they allow you to choose pictures of Family members in other rooms or only pictures your in? Thanks

Yeah...been hoping for a long time they would make some package deals! This is awesome. Do you know if they allow you to choose pictures of Family members in other rooms or only pictures your in? Thanks

The little card that explains the package says it is only for people staying in your stateroom. But the last few days, I saw people sifting through very large stacks of photos (I'm going to guess 50+ photos). I'd be surprised if the photo employees have time to sift through that many and make sure everything matches up...but I could be wrong.

The card also says "Large group photos (10 or more) are not included."

We just got off the Pride. They seem to have a new deal now.

10 pics for $149

20 pics for $249

All your photo prints & digital files for $349 (this also includes a 20x30 canvas print)

Sooooo hoping they offer this on the Liberty. Do you have to purchase at the beginning of the cruise or can you decide later when you know you have enough photos to make it worthwhile? And when do you get the digital files? I hadn't planned to take my computer, but if we do this package I would want to verify that the images are on the usb or cd before we disembark.

This is awesome! We just got off a Disney Cruise (hated it by the way) but we got the photo package of all prints for like $195.00 and walked away with 80, 8x10 photos and 35, 6x8's or some wacky size like that.

Hopefully they will have these packages on our Liberty cruise in April!

We were on Breeze in November and the ONLY prints included on the thumb drive are the ones you ALREADY purchased the prints. I was all excited thinking I would buy the required number of prints and get all the pictures they took for free. NOPE, just ones I had paid for already, they do throw in a bunch of stock photos one the ship. They also did not check cabins, we had various groupings of the 4 of us together and combined pictures with no issue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is awesome! We just got off a Disney Cruise (hated it by the way) but we got the photo package of all prints for like $195.00 and walked away with 80, 8x10 photos and 35, 6x8's or some wacky size like that.

Hopefully they will have these packages on our Liberty cruise in April!

I would love to know why you hated it. Did you post a review? Which ship?

Here is the back of the card:

scan0001_zps4a14beb0.gif

Thank you so much for sharing this information, we are on Pride end of May this year and March 2016. On Freedom for 12 days in Feb this year, do you know by any chance if they have this new package deal? Wondering if they posted what ships had it and if they were all eventually going to have it.

I would love to know why you hated it. Did you post a review? Which ship?

Disney Wonder. Very non-accessible for someone in a wheelchair and/or tall people. Unfriendly ship staff except for cabin steward and dining staff. Mediocre food. Lots and lots of noise. Overall, considering the large price tag compared to Carnival, we were expecting to be wowed and we weren't. Castaway Cay was wonderful, though, as were the shows in the main lounge.

Here is where my review is located entitled Disney Wonder Not So Wonderful: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=267691

How recent was your cruise because I've been calling trying to find out but nobody seems to know anything about it.I would like to know if they will have this on the magic or triumph in September

I just got off the Pride last Sunday. We sailed Dec 28th.

Hopefully it is being implemented on all the ships.

Here is the front of the card.

Every night I'd take my pics off the display and bring them to the counter to put in my folder. My package of 10 ended up including formal night pics (8x10s) and port arrival pictures. My embarkation picture I had already purchased the first night before I realized they had this deal. The employee mentioned the deal on the 3rd night when I walked up to pay for (4) 8x10s. I think the card was in my cabin, I just hadn't paid attention to it.

Any as it says, you get all the trinkets too. So for my 10 picture package, I got the lanyard, cruise ship thumb drive, luggage tag and coffee mug.

scan0008_zps4f1068b9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Liberty, and they did not have any set price packages. I think it must vary from ship to ship. They did have a punch card that gave "rewards" with a certain number of photo purchases. Buy one photo and get a coupon to go to Shutterfly and order a personalized photo luggage tag. Three photos and you get a coupon to order a free 8X8 personalized photo book from Shutterfly. Six photos get a customizable coffee mug. Ten photos get the USB memory stick shaped like a ship. You can then pay $9.99 to have the digital images of all 10 photos you purchased put on the USB. You can add the digital file of each additional photo purchased for $1.00 a piece.

There was an offer of 10% off all photo purchases during the first two days. We actually had our formal pictures taken the first night on board, and were able to purchase them at the 10% discount. All but three of our photos were bought during the first two days. Four were the more expensive 8x10. Our total photo costs were just at $200 for a total of 12 prints and all images on the USB drive (and the luggage tag, photo book, and coffee mug). I knew we would buy pictures on this particular cruise, and would have spent twice as much if they had offered an unlimited. However, we were very happy with the quality of the photographs and the friendliness of the staff.

Additional rewards were a "customizable tote bag" after purchasing 20 photos, and an "extra special surprise valued at $79.99" after purchasing 30. I have no idea what that is....didn't think to ask.