Does Carnival offer a Photo Package?

quest2best

I wish they would offer this package on the Dream. It would be worth it to me, I loved having the photo package at Disney World. We ended up with tons and tons of pictures, because we took as many as we could..because we had already paid for the photo pass.

Nobody from carnival seems to know anything just saying wait until I get onboard which I'm not doing. Thanks though, I hope I can find something out soon

I think its being tested on the Pride only. Hoping it becomes fleet wide soon, as I'm on the Breeze next month & usually spend close to that on way less photos.

Here is the front of the card.

Every night I'd take my pics off the display and bring them to the counter to put in my folder. My package of 10 ended up including formal night pics (8x10s) and port arrival pictures. My embarkation picture I had already purchased the first night before I realized they had this deal. The employee mentioned the deal on the 3rd night when I walked up to pay for (4) 8x10s. I think the card was in my cabin, I just hadn't paid attention to it.

Any as it says, you get all the trinkets too. So for my 10 picture package, I got the lanyard, cruise ship thumb drive, luggage tag and coffee mug.

scan0008_zps4f1068b9.jpg

Personally, I think Memory Maker (offered by a Carnival competitor) is a much better deal. For $199 (and discounted to $169 when purchased in advance), all PhotoPass photos are included in the package. This includes character meals a signature photo ops, among others at their land based resort.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/memory-maker/

John Heald announced the other day that it is still in the testing phase but should be fleet wide within the next 2 years.

Sent from my Huawei Y301A2 using Forums mobile app

I think if the prices of the photos were reduced they would sell way more. We like to buy the port pictures, this way we know where we have been, the date, etc. At $14.95 a picture it is expensive.

The last day of the cruise, it is amazing to see all the pictures that are being thrown out! Such a waste! :(

I think if the prices of the photos were reduced they would sell way more. We like to buy the port pictures, this way we know where we have been, the date, etc. At $14.95 a picture it is expensive.

The last day of the cruise, it is amazing to see all the pictures that are being thrown out! Such a waste! :(

They recycle them by washing the picture off the photo paper. Does it matter if they waste the ink as long as they are paying for it? Obviously this practice must be cost effective for them.

Just got off the Liberty, and they did not have any set price packages. I think it must vary from ship to ship. They did have a punch card that gave "rewards" with a certain number of photo purchases. Buy one photo and get a coupon to go to Shutterfly and order a personalized photo luggage tag. Three photos and you get a coupon to order a free 8X8 personalized photo book from Shutterfly. Six photos get a customizable coffee mug. Ten photos get the USB memory stick shaped like a ship. You can then pay $9.99 to have the digital images of all 10 photos you purchased put on the USB. You can add the digital file of each additional photo purchased for $1.00 a piece.

There was an offer of 10% off all photo purchases during the first two days. We actually had our formal pictures taken the first night on board, and were able to purchase them at the 10% discount. All but three of our photos were bought during the first two days. Four were the more expensive 8x10. Our total photo costs were just at $200 for a total of 12 prints and all images on the USB drive (and the luggage tag, photo book, and coffee mug). I knew we would buy pictures on this particular cruise, and would have spent twice as much if they had offered an unlimited. However, we were very happy with the quality of the photographs and the friendliness of the staff.

Additional rewards were a "customizable tote bag" after purchasing 20 photos, and an "extra special surprise valued at $79.99" after purchasing 30. I have no idea what that is....didn't think to ask.

Booo!

To carnival for not having it on the Liberty. My wife kills me with Photos every time we cruise. And being the baby's 1st cruise.....she will probably want to buy a ton of them. Personally, I like them as well, but would love to have the ability to get the package deal. Thanks for letting us know about the liberty. I was just about to print that packages off and show them to dw.

They recycle them by washing the picture off the photo paper. Does it matter if they waste the ink as long as they are paying for it? Obviously this practice must be cost effective for them.

Oh OK, sorry, I was unaware that photos could be washed off of photo paper. It just looked like they were all being thrown out or 'recycled'. My point of reducing the price still stands; more people might buy pictures. It still seems a waste.

Oh OK, sorry, I was unaware that photos could be washed off of photo paper. It just looked like they were all being thrown out or 'recycled'. My point of reducing the price still stands; more people might buy pictures. It still seems a waste.

As long as Pixels, the company Carnival outsources to for their photographs, continues to inconvenienc me by obstructing traffic on the gangways and along the promenade deck, I won't purchase their imagery or utilize its services, regardless of price.

Edited by Pixelate

As long as Pixels, the company Carnival outsources to for their photographs, continues to inconvenienc me by obstructing traffic on the gangways and along the promenade deck, I won't purchase their imagery or utilize its services, regardless of price.

Good choice! I agree they do get in the way a lot! I am a sucker for those darn port pictures though. My weakness. :(

I hope they still have this in August. I am on the pride with my hubby, 3 kids and in-laws. One of my kids is booked in the in-laws room so I should be able to purchase from both and we can split the cost.

Is this easily shared?

Personally, I think Memory Maker (offered by a Carnival competitor) is a much better deal. For $199 (and discounted to $169 when purchased in advance), all PhotoPass photos are included in the package. This includes character meals a signature photo ops, among others at their land based resort.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/memory-maker/

memory maker is for the parks-- it is NOT for their ships.

Booo!

To carnival for not having it on the Liberty. My wife kills me with Photos every time we cruise. And being the baby's 1st cruise.....she will probably want to buy a ton of them. Personally, I like them as well, but would love to have the ability to get the package deal. Thanks for letting us know about the liberty. I was just about to print that packages off and show them to dw.

I was glad we had pictures done at some of the more formal stations on deck 5 the first night we were there, since they are only available as 8X10s at $21.99 a piece! They were ready the next day during the 10% off which helped a bit :(

We would have definitely had more pictures taken if they offered an unlimited package, even with just the digital images......or offered the more formal pictures as a smaller size print. Prices for the other size prints are $11.99 and $14.99.

I didn't realize when I stated specifically "land based resort" it meant on their cruise line...? Any reasonable person would associate "land based resort" with Walt Disney World, especially when given a link that stated such.

I didn't realize when I stated specifically "land based resort" it meant on their cruise line...? Any reasonable person would associate "land based resort" with Walt Disney World, especially when given a link that stated such.

It was a simple mistake, why are you being 'snarky'?:eek:

I missed that to when I read it. I guess I am not a 'reasonable person'.

You also stated "Carnival's competition", which land based Disney resorts are not.

It was a simple mistake, why are you being 'snarky'?:eek:

I missed that to when I read it. I guess I am not a 'reasonable person'.

You also stated "Carnival's competition", which land based Disney resorts are not.

How are they not competition when both organizations, Disney Parks & Resorts Worldwide and Carnival Cruise Lines, are competing for the dollars of a guest looking for a place vacation with his or her family? Magic Kingdom holds the number one spot for theme park attendance, whereas Carnival is the largest cruise line in terms of passengers per year. This is the hospitality industry; of course Carnival Corporation is competing with the Walt Disney Company.

How are they not competition when both organizations, Disney Parks & Resorts Worldwide and Carnival Cruise Lines, are competing for the dollars of a guest looking for a place vacation with his or her family? Magic Kingdom holds the number one spot for theme park attendance, whereas Carnival is the largest cruise line in terms of passengers per year. This is the hospitality industry; of course Carnival Corporation is competing with the Walt Disney Company.

I simply meant that when you mentioned 'Carnival's competition' someone might think another cruise line, like Disney Cruise Lines?? We are on CC, which is a forum for the cruise lines, not land based resorts. Someone made a simple mistake in misunderstanding you. Heaven forbid!

We were on the Disney Wonder in December and they do have photo packages based on length of your sailing. Ours was $194.00 for our 4 day cruise, all photos taken. Walked away with 80 , 8x10 and 35, 6x8. You purchase in advance through the DCL website. Great deal.

• 2 weeks later...
We just got off the Pride. They seem to have a new deal now.

10 pics for $149

20 pics for $249

All your photo prints & digital files for $349 (this also includes a 20x30 canvas print)

I always tell my wife DO NOT BUY SO MANY PICTURES - but we always do. Don't mean to, it's just that the pictures are so good. I think for us, this wouild be a great deal. Just curious - do they have some sort of blocker on the CD so you can't print them out at Walmart?

Another subsidiary of Carnival Corporation now supposedly now has a photo package for $50 that includes one of each photo's event and may or may not include them stored on flash memory.

One new thing I had not read about before: The photo package. They claimed it was brand new on the ship and it may have been as it was news to me. It is $50 and you can get all your pictures from the cruise (some fine print suggested that it was one photo per event...embarkation, ports of call, dinner, formal etc) and it was slightly vague about whether or not you also got a thumb drive with digital pictures on it included, some said yes, some said no. We did not take advantage of the offer but thought it was a great deal for families and about time. I think it is a smart move.

Thread: Review Caribbean Princess 5 day 1/26-1/31

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2160305

I always tell my wife DO NOT BUY SO MANY PICTURES - but we always do. Don't mean to, it's just that the pictures are so good. I think for us, this wouild be a great deal. Just curious - do they have some sort of blocker on the CD so you can't print them out at Walmart?

I'm considering purchasing the package on our upcoming cruise in May. Having the CD from Carnival would imply you have a release by Carnival to be able to reproduce the pictures as you desire (Walmart kiosk or print center, included.)

If you have any pictures that you wish to reproduce from prior cruises, I've had success at my local drug store. Carnival has a downloadable photo release form. Search the internet for "Carnival Photo Release"... It will take you here...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/PhotoRelease.pdf

You will probably be supplied with a similar release if you purchase a photo package and/or it will be burned on the CD.

• 6 months later...

My husband and I are going on a Carnival cruise with friends. We are booking 2 separate state rooms, and we want to buy the photo package but they do not. If we take pictures with them (4 people total), will we get these pictures included in our package as long as one of us from our state room is in it? Or will we not get these images because they include people from other state rooms?

Our family is sailing in just over a year in the Dream. I hope they get this program or a similar/improved photo program. On our last cruise for our 25th Wedding Anniversary (on Princess) my DH and I bought 4 photos. That's how much I let myself budget for photos. There were so many more beautiful photos that if there would have been some sort of package, we would have purchased. Neither my DH or I are photogenic or like to take pictures, but sadly, we had to weed out many great photos. $24.95 per photo adds up. -But at least now if I go missing or :eek: die, there will be a nice picture to have at the funeral. Our soon to be 18 year old son who will be graduating will be on this next cruise with us. I would love to have some great photos to remember this time with!