Benefits of using a PVP?

bradysmom

I thought we actually found a great PVP.

After calling Carnival and complaining, low and behold someone called us who seemed GREAT! She knew what we were looking for and when and told us "I will keep my eyes open, I have all of your information so once we have any sales or promotions, I will call you." No one has ever said or done that for us before (with the exception of our very first PVP who was outstanding). Well, we decided to go on the Internet to look around (like we always do, and maybe that's the problem) and found the 50% reduced deposit and free upgrade offer. We immediately called our "new" PVP and asked that she call us back to take advantage of this offer. Well a day later, she did call but we had already booked online. When asking her why she didn't call us about the reduced deposit and upgrade offer, she told us that she didn't know there was a sale/offer?!?!? Not sure how she "wasn't aware" but aside from looking for specific rooms the PVP doesn't give you any offers that aren't available online. Now getting a potential price drop is another story because those you do have to call on, unless of course you happen to be one of the lucky ones who had that fantastic PVP, then most likely they will call you.

Rest assured, that even with my complaints about PVP's, we are loyal to Carnival and our family really loves cruising with them. So to that I end this by saying "Cruise on my fellow Cruisers.... cruise on"

Me 😊

We have used the same PVP since 2002. I like to deal with the same person all of the time. If I have an issue or question I can call or email and she takes care it. She has made things happen that I don't believe a TA or 800 # could do. Also, she has a vested interest in keeping us happy, as she gets $ for bookings.

To each his/her own.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We have used the same PVP since 2002. I like to deal with the same person all of the time. If I have an issue or question I can call or email and she takes care it. She has made things happen that I don't believe a TA or 800 # could do. Also, she has a vested interest in keeping us happy, as she gets $ for bookings.

To each his/her own.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

I would love me be one of the lucky ones like you, trust me I would. I'm all about giving as well as receiving. I would love nothing more than to find a great PVP and let her earn commission of all of our sailings, but sadly this site will not allow names to be given so it's the luck of the draw :(

Me 😊

I would love me be one of the lucky ones like you, trust me I would. I'm all about giving as well as receiving. I would love nothing more than to find a great PVP and let her earn commission of all of our sailings, but sadly this site will not allow names to be given so it's the luck of the draw :(

Me 😊

Too bad there isn't a way to IM on CC.

We have never used a PVP for any of our cruises. I do talk to some to get their input/advice but I then book the cruise myself either online or directly through a Carnival rep.

I am used to this as we have always had to plan our own vacations. My husband used to work for an airline and we would book the cruise/all inclusive separately and then fly out with our passes. That is no longer the case(cheap flights), but I still actually enjoy researching and booking things myself.:)

We have never used a PVP for any of our cruises. I do talk to some to get their input/advice but I then book the cruise myself either online or directly through a Carnival rep.

I am used to this as we have always had to plan our own vacations. My husband used to work for an airline and we would book the cruise/all inclusive separately and then fly out with our passes. That is no longer the case(cheap flights), but I still actually enjoy researching and booking things myself.:)

But being an airline employee doesn't her get interline discount?

Me 😊

But being an airline employee doesn't her get interline discount?

Me

Yes, when my husband did work for the airlines, we received interlines rates on cruises, hotels, all-inclusive, etc. Along with extremely cheap flights we always booked our own holidays. So that is why we don't find the need to use a PVP now.

I've been using a TA for many years but I think maybe I drive her crazy with requests for price changes. Usually she says we don't qualify for one reason or another and I never put 2 and 2 together to realize maybe she did not want to lose some of her commission. I truly hope that is not true. I think for this year's cruise, I will book direct with the cruise line and then transfer to the TA right before final payment for the nice little OBC she offers. Then everyone is happy and I don't feel like I am calling or e-mailing too much.:eek:

hmmm