Is the Enclave worth it?

delynn72

We are going on the Royal for a ten day cruise. My husband is having a lot of back pain. Usually we would be doing a lot of excursions, but with his back problems our excursions will be limited. I'm wondering if the Enclave is worth the money. Wondering how those that have used it liked it. And are the various features unisex? We would like to be able to enjoy it together.

We are going on the Royal for a ten day cruise. My husband is having a lot of back pain. Usually we would be doing a lot of excursions, but with his back problems our excursions will be limited. I'm wondering if the Enclave is worth the money. Wondering how those that have used it liked it. And are the various features unisex? We would like to be able to enjoy it together.

delynn72, My husband also has back problems and he loved the area similar to the Enclave on another ship. He said that it really helped his back. I think that a trade off for The Enclave instead of excursions would be a good choice. Enjoy your cruise! We will be boarding for 20days on the Royal 01/28.

Just to avoid confusion for newbies who might read this: I believe you're both speaking about the Sanctuary.

My sister suffers from severe rheumatoid arthritis and I always get a chairs in the Sanctuary for her comfort. It helps tremendously. Plus it's really nice!

Here is info for both the enclave and the sanctuary:

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Passengers-Can-Enjoy-the-Ultimate-in-Pampering-Aboard-Royal-Princess.html#.VKw5gnuWGC0

As for whether it is worth it or not depends on you. Although it seems like a good tradeoff over excursions to me.

My DH and I did a 12 day Baltic cruise and we signed up for The Enclave. We both thought is was worth the price. After long tour days our backs would be hurting and we would be exhausted. We would go the The Enclave before dinner and was amazed on how much better we felt afterwards.

We bought the pass to the Enclave on our 10 day Royal in Oct as soon as we boarded. The price was 199pp and they gave us each on small container of body scrub.

Our cruise was a repositioning cruise so we had many sea days. It was worth every penny. We enjoyed he saunas and the pool was wonderful. DH and I both have neck issues and he has back problems. It was very relaxing. Yes, you can enjoy everything together. ;)

Edited by janetz

We were on the maiden voyage of the Regal and we booked the enclave. My husband also has back issues this cruise was a very port intensive cruise I think only 3 sea days in almost 3 weeks.

I think almost everyday we spent time in the enclave. After time spent there it was total relaxation, all of the areas once you enter the enclave are unisex. We found some of the tile beds better than the others (they were much warmer). The hydro spa was great, better than a Jacuzzi.

We will again be on the Regal for the April transatlantic voyage and getting the Enclave is a must on our list. We are "pool" people though, I know other people that would not get the enjoyment we do.

Like any other feature, value depends on how much you will use it. I would never do it on a port intensive cruise, but on one with a lot of sea days, or where you planned to stay on the ship, definitely!

My only complaint with the one on the Royal (we toured but did not do because it was port heavy with late ports) was no windows made it a tad dark.

Like any other feature, value depends on how much you will use it. I would never do it on a port intensive cruise, but on one with a lot of sea days, or where you planned to stay on the ship, definitely!

My only complaint with the one on the Royal (we toured but did not do because it was port heavy with late ports) was no windows made it a tad dark.

Actually, we booked the Enclave on the very port intensive Grand Med cruise on the Regal this September. The warm water and jets in the hydrotherapy pool were just what we needed to recover from our busy days of walking on our tours. It was well worth it to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We bought the pass to the Enclave on our 10 day Royal in Oct as soon as we boarded. The price was 199pp and they gave us each on small container of body scrub.

Our cruise was a repositioning cruise so we had many sea days. It was worth every penny. We enjoyed he saunas and the pool was wonderful. DH and I both have neck issues and he has back problems. It was very relaxing. Yes, you can enjoy everything together. ;)

Thanks for responding. I think we're going to try it. I'll let everyone know how we liked it (we leave tomorrow)

They were not open as late in Canada/NE for some reason. Closed at 7 and in most ports we were there till 5 or 6...

Actually, we booked the Enclave on the very port intensive Grand Med cruise on the Regal this September. The warm water and jets in the hydrotherapy pool were just what we needed to recover from our busy days of walking on our tours. It was well worth it to us.

They were not open as late in Canada/NE for some reason. Closed at 7 and in most ports we were there till 5 or 6...
On our Med cruise the Enclave was open until 10:00pm every day. Shorter hours could greatly affect usefulness. Sometimes we would go there just after our tour and sometimes close to closing. There were never more than four other people there when we were there and many times we were the only ones. The cost for our cruise was $229/person or less than $20/day. We have used the Thermal Suites in the past but had decided that it wasn't worth the cost for future cruises. I didn't think the higher priced Enclave would be worth it either. When we toured the Enclave on embarkation day the hydrotherapy pool looked so inviting that we gave it a try and were glad we did. We really soothed our tired bodies there. It is a personal decision but I would actually consider it again on a port intensive more than a cruise with many sea days. That is just our experience.

Edited by IECalCruiser

• 3 weeks later...

Well, wanted to give an update. We toured the Enclave on the first day and decided against doing it. It just didn't seem worth $400 for the both of us. It wasn't that big, and they said they allow 60 passes per cruise, felt like a lot of people. Also, we did have a lot of port days. In the end we were glad we didn't book it, we really did not have enough time to get our money's worth. BTW the lounges are NOT heated, they said it's because everything else is hot, it's supposed to cool you down so that you can stay longer.