Soiled Diaper Disposal?

tampagirl2

When mine were in diapers I got some of those little bags, I think from Target... They came with a holder and are small garbage bag type bags specifically for dirty diapers. Anyway I would put it in the bag and tie it then just put it in the bathroom garbage and it was emptied regularly by the room steward. Hope that makes sense I wish I could remember the brand of the bags. But we never had an issue with smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We brought a bunch of the plastic grocery bags. They aren't necessarily airtight, but when wrapped tightly they work well. On at least one of our cruises the cabin steward started using the red 'medical waste' bags in our main trash can. :D

Diapers were never a big problem from the disposal perspective, but it certainly was nice when we no longer had to pack diapers.

I used the scented bags that are made I think by Arm and Hammer or Munchkin to tie off a soiled diaper. The ones used for scooping up after pets would work too. It made the smell manageable, and then just tossed the bag in our regular trash. The trash was emptied often enough that we were fine overall.

When our girl was that little, the first thing I mentioned upon meeting our steward was that she was using diapers (she was starting toilet training about that time). He told me to just put them in the bathroom trashcan, but I tried to wrap them up as much as possible too. Back then, I don't think there were special bags that cut down on the smell, so you find them, it'll make things nicer on you and the steward.

We are traveling with a 1 and 2 year old. How do you dispose of soiled diapers? At home I throw out poopie diapers immediately due to smell. What do you do on the cruise?

We took ziploc quart size storage bags to place poopy diapers in so it was airtight. Would just put in the bathroom trash and never an odor problem since dumped twice daily by room attendant.

I tried all the bags made specially for diapers, and found them too hard to manage. I took a box of gallon zip locks with me, and threw the diapers and wipes in those. I found that the ziplocks were best for controlling odors. Sometimes I could combine 2 or 3 diapers, and sometimes it was only good for one change :eek:

Edited by mconthehighseas

I found scented individual diaper bags at a dollar store! There were like 60 of them in a small lightweight box. Pee diapers, we would just toss in the room garbage, and as everyone said it is emptied twice a day. As for poop, our son has especially aromatic diapers. So we would bag it in the scented bag, but if we were heading out and about on the ship, we would take it with us, and toss in the garbage by the elevator. ;)