miami hotels

rob6465

We have stayed downtown at the Marriott Courtyard and Marriott Biscayne Bay. We prefer the Courtyard because of its proximity to restaurants downtown and the waterfront shops. We have also stayed on South Beach at the Lowes and Ritz. They are next door to each other but we liked the Lowes more. They are within walking distance of the outdoor Lincoln Road Mall and there is no shortage of fun things to do even if you just want to go to the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I usually stay at a hotel around the airport and book it through pricelines express deals. saves me a bunch of money, but I do make sure they have an airport shuttle. A lot of the hotels around the airport will also shuttle you to the port.

We stay at the hotels near the airport and take the shuttle to the airport, then a cab to the port. Then we get to the ship when we want to. Usually with the hotel port shuttles you have to sign up at a specific time and don't usually start until 11am.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is reasonably priced, convenient to shopping (CVS close and mall across the street), and you can see the ships from the hotel in the morning if you have the right room. :D

We liked this hotel as well. We flew into FLL and took sas shuttle services there. Then a taxi to the ship in the morning. It was so convenient. We didn't have a car obviously, and we did't want to take a taxi to dinner. So we just ate at a nicer restaurant in Biscayne Marketplace across the street. After dinner we walked to a Walgreens (maybe it was a cvs?) bought some beer for the evening and some toiletries for the next day that I had forgotten and we walked back to the hotel. Everything is so close and easily walkable. The next day we were ready for the ship, grabbed our luggage, checked out, and walked to the front door of the hotel where taxis were waiting to take people. It was a 5 minute ride to the port, maybe? It was so easy. If I were to cruise out of Miami again I would happily book this hotel again.

Plus, we were there the weekend of the Miami Marathon. Everything was sold out. Honestly, the hotel handled the crowds very well and so did the surrounding areas. I was so pleased with this hotel.

Thank you everyone. Our cruise is on 12/5/15 on breeze and heard that hotel rooms go fast.

Some more info would help to focus the suggestions - flying into MIA? FLL? :confused: Budget? Arrival time? Number in your party? Honeymoon, anniversary or a family trip with the kids? :confused: Need parking while you cruise? :confused:

In general, there are many hotels in downtown Miami close to POM (most will be about a $10-12+tip cab ride from the port). If you want to splurge, party, enjoy the beach, etc. then Miami Beach (particularly South Beach) may be where you want to stay. Arriving late in the day and just want dinner and a room - lots of cheaper options near the airport (also some scary areas of Miami :eek:). Many cruisers choose to fly into FLL and stay near there and then shuttle/cab/limo/car rental their way to Miami the day of their cruise.

Give us some more details and the suggestions will be much more helpful.

If you would like to stay downtown here is a list of hotels.

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Hampton Inn

Marriott

Hyatt

Conrad Hilton

Epic

Four Seasons

Mandarin Oriental

I have given you a wide range of choices in terms of price points.

They all have good locations.

December 5 is a good time in terms of rates versus rates starting around 12/20 and beyond.

Keith

• 6 months later...
We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It is reasonably priced, convenient to shopping (CVS close and mall across the street), and you can see the ships from the hotel in the morning if you have the right room. :D

Is this the Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express? It seems there are 2 different ones.

Is this the Holiday Inn or Holiday Inn Express? It seems there are 2 different ones.

Holiday Inn - 340 Biscayne Blvd - across from Bayside Market; standard Holiday Inn in a fabulous location.