Carnival Ecstasy ??

huntm

I sailed "Ecstasy" about two months ago, and had a FANTASTIC time aboard. I think she just went through a dry dock, but I'm not sure, and I don't know what got upgraded. In any case, I know you'll have a fantastic time aboard, simply because the ship is GREAT, and the crew in OUTSTANDING. Perhaps someone else will post who has sailed her in the last few weeks. Even if not, I know you'll have a wonderful cruise aboard "Ecstasy". :cool:

"SKY"

We had a balcony on the Ecstasy. The balconies on this ship are a retrofit, meaning they were added after the ship had been built. I'm not sure when they were added, but it was while the ship went through a major dry dock so they stick out off the side of the ship.

We had U222 and it was the last balcony in the row before they became ocean view cabins so you only had balcony neighbors on one side. I really enjoyed that cabin and it was really quiet.

Yes it's a small ship, but the lido is such a nice layout and it has a serenity deck on the back of the ship that we spent a lot of time on. Sure it's missing a lot of the bells and whistles of the new ships but we really enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...
We had a balcony on the Ecstasy. The balconies on this ship are a retrofit, meaning they were added after the ship had been built. I'm not sure when they were added, but it was while the ship went through a major dry dock so they stick out off the side of the ship.

We had U222 and it was the last balcony in the row before they became ocean view cabins so you only had balcony neighbors on one side. I really enjoyed that cabin and it was really quiet.

Yes it's a small ship, but the lido is such a nice layout and it has a serenity deck on the back of the ship that we spent a lot of time on. Sure it's missing a lot of the bells and whistles of the new ships but we really enjoyed it.

We had U222 on the last cruise befor they where converted to balcony cabins. Awesome ship!

We were on her in October saw Styx Live. Smaller ship but you get to know her in your 4 days. Loved the MDR got dinner breakfast was terrible. We had an OV aft facing cabin which is smaller than all the other CCL ships OV cabins. Two ports are great. Key West and Cozumel .

Sent from my LGLS990 using Forums mobile app

It's been several years since we cruised on her, but I just wanted to chime in and say she's a great ship. She's small enough that you can easily navigate and learn your way around easily, but large enough to offer a lot of daily activities.

Happy sailing!

I will agree with the others. Great Ship!!! I will be on it 6 weeks from today, but who is counting. :)

We might be the only people on the ship! I think I'll finally start a roll call since we don't already have on...so excited, though!

OP, I've been on her once before, I think small ships are perfect for us. Easy to navigate, great ports, same friends staff, and a not-crowded feel even during peak spring break times (when we have to travel). I just wish it weren't such a short cruise! :-)

Thank you for asking! My husband and I were just talking about booking the Ecstasy in July. We live in Texas and always sail out of Galveston but thought we might try a short cruise when we visit family in Florida. All of the comments tell me that we need to go ahead and book!

I sailed on Ecstasy a year ago. I was concerned because it was an older/smaller ship. I wound up having a great time. The ship had great entertainment, food, service and it was very clean. Yes it is a smaller ship but it had most of the Carnival features and I really didn't miss much except for the steakhouse. I'm sure you'll have a great time.:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have pictures of the balcony on the Ecstacy after she went into drydock.Just want to know how big they are I was on the Fantasy a few years ago & the sales rep told me the balcony were the same size as the other ships & it was much smaller

We where the last ones to sail before the balconies in u222 it was some time in early to mid 2008.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We sailed on her last year - 2014. She's a small ship compared to many, but on a short cruise (we were on a 4 day), it was perfect. There was time to get to know the layout without getting lost (or weary!), we thought the food in the Main Dining Room was excellent, snorkeling in Cozumel was fantastic, the service was excellent. There were quite a few students/young people, partying around the pool all day, as college had just ended, but we avoided that area for the most part (too noisy!) and there were other places to sit, relax, things to do. You'll have fun - if you determine that you're going to enjoy your cruise. If you go looking for negative things, you'll find that too!

Have a great time.