Sugar-Free Beverages

GenericUserID

I don't think there is much more so you may want to plan to bring along some drinks or crystal light type mixes. My DH is a diabetic and he always brings fruit punch and lemonade mixes and usually empty water bottles to mix it, the water on the ship is fine to drink. He likes diet Coke with lime so he brings some of those too.

Hubby has found PowerAde Zero (Berry only) at the coffee shop. The price is about what you would pay at the corner gas station. He also take some of the concentrated liquid mixes. The preference of the concentrated over the individual powder packets is you can adjust for glass size. Happy Cruising.

Definitely take along your sugar free drink powders or little "squirt" bottles. I get the Crystal Light version of the Mio squirt bottles and take those. Other than that, it's unsweet tea all the way.

This reminds me...it's one of the few things I found a little better on Royal Caribbean - RC offers a free sugar-free drink in the buffet area at lunch and dinner time. The flavor changes daily and it's pretty drinkable. The only downside is that you can't get it yourself, as they pre-pour everything.

DaveyWavey - fruit juice and milk are not sugar free, unfortunately. Fruit juice contains fructose and milk contains lactose, both of which break down to glucose, or plain old sugar, which contains calories, drives up blood sugar, and requires additional insulin.

Now you know! 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by GenericUserID

Definitely take along your sugar free drink powders or little "squirt" bottles. I get the Crystal Light version of the Mio squirt bottles and take those. Other than that, it's unsweet tea all the way.

This reminds me...it's one of the few things I found a little better on Royal Caribbean - RC offers a free sugar-free drink in the buffet area at lunch and dinner time. The flavor changes daily and it's pretty drinkable. The only downside is that you can't get it yourself, as they pre-pour everything.

Ditto on NCL. They actually have two sugar-free drinks along with tea in the beverage dispensers in the buffet.

Edited by old sole

DaveyWavey - fruit juice and milk are not sugar free, unfortunately. Fruit juice contains fructose and milk contains lactose, both of which break down to glucose, or plain old sugar, which contains calories, drives up blood sugar, and requires additional insulin.

Now you know!

You are right. I didn't pay attention that the reason for your question was for diabetes. I cannot eat refined sugars, so my definition of sugar free is just for added sugars, hence my answer. It was not accurate for diabetics.

Hubby takes the different packets to add to water...like Hawaiian Punch, etc..all are sugar free and about a buck for a box of ten at walmart :)

The sugar free Hawaiian punch packets are the best (love the Red flavour). It's the best fruit punch i've found that you mix in (I can't even tell it's sugar free, it's so sweet and no aftertaste).