Miracle Jan 17 sailing itinerary change

ksy8384

If you are sailing on the Miracle in 9 days be sure to keep an eye on your email, the Carnival website or check with your TA. The itinerary has changed as well as times in port. There are lots of us who needed to make changes for rental cars, excursions etc.

The official email went out this AM from Carnival. This isn't a rumor this is official.

We are just back from the Miracle's December trip to Hawaii.

Due to slower sailing speed we didnt make it to Maui as scheduled and than due to weather issues entire itinerary changed and kept changing.

Carnival compensated us well for what we missed out on but think they are realizing that based on the current propulsion problems of Miracle they cannot due 5 days 5 ports.

We are just back from the Miracle's December trip to Hawaii.

Due to slower sailing speed we didnt make it to Maui as scheduled and than due to weather issues entire itinerary changed and kept changing.

Carnival compensated us well for what we missed out on but think they are realizing that based on the current propulsion problems of Miracle they cannot due 5 days 5 ports.

Are you saying you didn't make it to Maui or you just got there late? Maui needs two days to really explore. We loved our overnight stay there.

What was the compensation?

Not exactly a fare trade. Hope you had a car rented to head up north from Hilo to the resorts.

We had an eight hour tour booked to see Volcano Nat park and surrounding areas.

When they told us 2 pm cancelled that and hooked up with two other couples and we rented a van and drove right out there. Not as much time as we would have liked but we did get there and look around and walked thru lava tube.

I do feel sorry for people on Carnival tour. Got onto big bus and first stop was macadamian nut factory for an hour and arrived at park at 5 pm in time for it to be getting dark and a rainstorm. Reason why they did it this way was the factory closed at 5.

As if it wouldnt have stayed open longer for multi busloads of people.

We had an eight hour tour booked to see Volcano Nat park and surrounding areas.

When they told us 2 pm cancelled that and hooked up with two other couples and we rented a van and drove right out there. Not as much time as we would have liked but we did get there and look around and walked thru lava tube.

I do feel sorry for people on Carnival tour. Got onto big bus and first stop was macadamian nut factory for an hour and arrived at park at 5 pm in time for it to be getting dark and a rainstorm. Reason why they did it this way was the factory closed at 5.

As if it wouldnt have stayed open longer for multi busloads of people.

Does that cruise still call on Kona?

It is now Hilo (5 hours), Honolulu (9a-11p), Maui (7a-11p), Kauai (8a-4p), Kona (7a-3p) and Ensenada is 8p to 11p.

They cut us short on Hilo and Ensenada.

Hope they are able to get you there for that itinerary. Other than Hilo it is pretty good.

We got to Ensenada at 8 pm and just took a walk into town for an hour or so. Kind of a waste.

Hope they are able to get you there for that itinerary. Other than Hilo it is pretty good.

We got to Ensenada at 8 pm and just took a walk into town for an hour or so. Kind of a waste.

You do understand that stopping at Ensenada has absolutely nothing to do with you being able to tour the town, right? It's not a waste; stopping there fulfills a legal requirement that allows Carnival to take you to Hawaii and back. What's important is that the ship docks there; the actual amount of time that the ship is there is immaterial.

If they had to make changes.....in my opinion Hilo and Ensenada was the best option. I was on the December cruise and although missing Maui was a disappointment it certainly didn't ruin my cruise. Hope you have smooth sailing and the time of your life. Aloha!

We have two cabins booked with 5 people total. Nobody in our party has been notified. . .still. Thank God I'm active on the Roll Call. Not impressed, Carnival. :mad:

BTW, before anyone asks, we booked directly with Carnival with a PVP we've had since 2004.

You do understand that stopping at Ensenada has absolutely nothing to do with you being able to tour the town, right? It's not a waste; stopping there fulfills a legal requirement that allows Carnival to take you to Hawaii and back. What's important is that the ship docks there; the actual amount of time that the ship is there is immaterial.

Yes I understand why we had to stop at a foreign port.

Original itinerary had us going in early afternoon during daylight hours when we could have seen the place.

Due to propulsion problems we got there well after dark and really didnt get to see much of the town. Thta is what I was referring to.