Early saver event going on, includes up to $50 OBC

20somethingguy

I do have early saver but my cabin category is sold out; does anyone know if I would still be eligible for $50 OBC? The rates for all categories look to be the same now as when i booked. I emailed my PVP yesterday, but no reply yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was denied due to cabin category sold out. That is really a downfall to booking a 6K!

Did you fill out the form and then call your PVP for the reduction? Reason I'm asking - I saw your original post that says you submitted and hadn't heard anything yet. And i'm in the same boat! I submitted yesterday, and then again today (because I'm impatient). In the past, I heard right away. Unsure why i'm getting crickets yet everyone else seems to be getting a quick turn around

Wondered if I should just call even though I've already submitted the form. Thx.

I would call. I filled out the form and didnt hear back. My sister did the form and got a reply within and hour. I didnt hear anything even after 2 days. I called and was told, as long as it is before final payment you dont need to fill out the form. Just call.

I was denied due to cabin category sold out. That is really a downfall to booking a 6K!

I know the feeling, but the upside is having the best cabin on the ship in my opinion. We stayed in a 6k last year. Surprisingly I WAS able to get a price drop before final payment but only because I was booked past guest and was able to move down then back up. Long story. Lol. Enjoy that cabin!

I know the feeling, but the upside is having the best cabin on the ship in my opinion. We stayed in a 6k last year. Surprisingly I WAS able to get a price drop before final payment but only because I was booked past guest and was able to move down then back up. Long story. Lol. Enjoy that cabin!

What is a 6k? Balcony? Oceanview? I can't seem to find it on the Miracle. :confused:

What is a 6k? Balcony? Oceanview? I can't seem to find it on the Miracle. :confused:

I'm new to Carnival, but I'm pretty sure not all ships have this category stateroom. If you type 6K in the search, you will find several pictures of the cabin. They are ocean view, but have three large floor to ceiling windows. I'm really excited to try this cabin!

Found it! They are forward staterooms at the very front of the ship, facing the front of the ship. Very nice!!!

Although I can only imagine how much rocking you can see and feel if there are rough seas :-/

Thanks for posting pictures!!

Edited by 20somethingguy

Just wanted to give my results. The Go Explore Sale for a a cabin next to us (Lido midship balcony for Valor on March 1) was $50 cheaper than what we paid for Early Saver. Written request was denied for "not meeting one or more requirements." Called Carnival and rep said we met it so she would apply the $50 in OBC. Then she said, "Hold on, you're a valued customer (I'm only Gold!"), the Senior rate for that room is $110 cheaper! Let me apply that instead!" Incredible service! I asked kindly for her to look at the rate and she did and more! You catch more flies with honey!

Directions to the sale page---->

1. Go to Carnival.com on a laptop or desktop (not the mobile site)

2. Scroll all the way down and look in the bottom left corner. Click Early Saver Specials link underneath the Special Offers area.

3. You will see the page titled Early Saver Event. Lists all of the main things.

Not sure if it's ok to post the link per message board rules, but it's there.

You can also find it under cruise deals.

[ATTACH]335931[/ATTACH][ATTACH]335932[/ATTACH]

Thank you for the reply. I can't get the OBC because my cruise price has gone up over $200 but at least I tried. Thanks again for taking the time to post. Good luck everybody.

Thank you all for bringing this up. For my Aug 29th on the Liberty I sent in my form as suggested. I sent it under the Early Saver Event and was approved in about 6 hours for 50 OBC. If my cruise wasn't already paid in full they would have deducted it from the amount due.

Thank you again for the info, every little bit helps

Tom

Just a reminder

For those who got the OBC .

If you attempt to price match again in the future, there is the possibility the new promotion does not have OBC, in which case you would lose this OBC. just remember to calculate future price drops with the possibility of losing the OBC you have.

Although I may not be the best person to reply to you, since i'm still waiting to hear back on my price protection submission lol. But for our cruise, I noticed if I do a mock booking, the rate looks to be higher than the rate we paid. But if I use the Fare Viewer, it is $90 per person cheaper for the same category. This is where I took my screenshot in case I need it later.

I just called my PVP to see if she could shake things loose and she said I should wait one more day for a response. When she looked it up, her response lead me to believe I would receive credit.

I will reply back once confirmed (or denied)!

Just following up....

I received my $140 credit last night! ($90 fare + $50 OBC). I'm very happy indeed.