The Upsell Fairy called - I hope I did the right thing

N00B

The Upsell fairy called today about my upcoming cruise. The offer was a balcony to an ocean suit for $500.

I know this wasn't super cheap but we are travelling with an infant so the bathtub, exta space, and priority embark are appealing.

Did I pay too much? I can't compare prices because it seems like my sailing is fully sold out and no longer appears on fare viewer or the main search.

Your thoughts?

We had an ocean suite on the Valor a couple years ago and loved it, especially since we had our daughter with us, was great having the extra room. We got the same upgrade offer a couple of days ago but we turned it down this time since its just the hubby and I cruising. You will love it, happy sailing!!!!!:)

Only you can decide that :) But I would say as someone who has traveled with an infant/toddler you will be in the room more, so you might as well have a really nice one! And the larger balcony will be a nice retreat when you are in the room while the little one naps and such. Enjoy your trip!

The Upsell fairy called today about my upcoming cruise. The offer was a balcony to an ocean suit for $500.

I know this wasn't super cheap but we are travelling with an infant so the bathtub, exta space, and priority embark are appealing.

Did I pay too much? I can't compare prices because it seems like my sailing is fully sold out and no longer appears on fare viewer or the main search.

Your thoughts?

Your thoughts?

My boyfriend and I went on a cruise on the Glory last May and it was his first cruise. We booked a Balcony and got the call a week before sailing and got the exact same offer as you for the $500. We took it and it was WELL worth the money! We thoroughly enjoyed the suite so much that we looked at booking one on our cruise this upcoming May on Liberty. Decided against it as its such a port intensive itinerary. I think you made a good decision and won't regret it! :)