Water packages

Peggy Sue

Hi, has anyone purchased the water or premium water packages? Did you think they were worth the cost?

Also, do all adults in the cabin have to purchase one, or can only one person purchase?

If we decide go skip package, can you still bring water on board?

Thanks

Peggy Sue

Hi there,

I rang P&O Australia and New Zealand and asked about bringing water bottles on board and they said that it is forbidden to bring water aboard but you can bring 12 loose cans of soft drink.

I know that people in the past have put clear alcohol in water packages but I am disappointed with the rule.

I forgot to ask if there is a water package on board that I can purchase because I have severe stomach problems and don't want to risk the on board water. :(

I am sailing on the Pacific Jewel on March 8th '15 and also want to know if you can take a Thermos of hot water to your room from the Restaurant so that I can make a cup of tea. :o

Hope this helps and I would appreciate any help in return.

Hi there,

I rang P&O Australia and New Zealand and asked about bringing water bottles on board and they said that it is forbidden to bring water aboard but you can bring 12 loose cans of soft drink.

I know that people in the past have put clear alcohol in water packages but I am disappointed with the rule.

I forgot to ask if there is a water package on board that I can purchase because I have severe stomach problems and don't want to risk the on board water. :(

I am sailing on the Pacific Jewel on March 8th '15 and also want to know if you can take a Thermos of hot water to your room from the Restaurant so that I can make a cup of tea. :o

Hope this helps and I would appreciate any help in return.

You might want to ask these questions on the appropriate board for the cruise lines you will be sailing - not the Celebrity board :)

Hi, has anyone purchased the water or premium water packages? Did you think they were worth the cost?

Also, do all adults in the cabin have to purchase one, or can only one person purchase?

Thanks

Peggy Sue

To expand on your original questions, we bought the Premium Non-Alcohol Package on our Equinox cruise three weeks ago. (BTW - We were in an Aqua Class cabin, which already has standard bottled water included.)

First, each person must buy the package to use its benefits, no sharing. However, any number of people can buy, or not buy, any of the Packages.

Did we save money? Probably not, but we drank a lot more water and other drinks that are included in the Package than we would have by far. In past cruises, I think that we did not drink enough water. Just some in those little plastic glasses in the upstairs buffet for example. This trip we really drank-up. We had Evian water at every meal for example, and I picked up more bottles during non-meal times. For some reason, unless requested, they always gave me a liter size bottle, which was too much so we wasted a lot.

Where you can really start adding up costs is if you like/buy special coffees & teas (which we did, but would not have if they had not been included). Also, frozen drinks and smoothies are included.

The bottom line for us, we probably lost money, but used much more water, and really enjoyed the special coffees and teas. We would likely buy it again.

Thanks

Peggy Sue

Peggy Sue -

As a prior post has stated, you are welcome to bring onto the ship all the bottled water and soda that you desire. Most folks when they do this will tape a luggage tag to the outside of each case of water or soda so that it will find its way to your stateroom. Even if you are traveling from a distance, many passengers will just have the taxi driver stop at a nearby grocery or pharmacy, while en route to the port, so you can quickly pick up water or soda.

If you prefer the convenience of the ship offerings, I would recommend that you go for the Premium Non-Alcohol package, which gives you access to freeze squeezed juices, all sodas, all waters as well as all types of coffee drinks (and tea offerings) at Cafe al Bacio.

Savor nearly our entire selection of sodas on board including all canned and fountain soft drinks from Coca-Cola, premium bottled water from Evian, Perrier and San Pellegrino, specialty coffees and teas, non-alcoholic frozen drinks and smoothies, Red Bull Energy Drink and specialty waters from Vitamin Water.

*Starting from: 20.00 USD Per NIGHT

P.S. Not all passengers in the stateroom have to purchase the package. If you want it and your husband does not, that is okay. However, you should be aware that you cannot share the package with others in the stateroom (or anyone else on the ship, for that matter).

Edited by vulcan1971

The ship's water might be better than some of the bottled water you buy on shore . I find (some will disagree) the water on board is perfectly good .

I agree. Why anyone wastes money on bottled water shipped/flown half way around the world when the ship's water is about as pure as you can get - totally escapes me.