B2B cruise credits

chloe45

I've decided to book a suite on the first leg and a mini on the second leg. We are sitting on 13 cruise credits. The suite will get us to Elite for the second leg of the cruise. Do we get our new cards on the ship or at the port at the turn around?

Also, we won't have the same room so what do people do once they get back on the ship? Is the Horizon Court open? Since the car will be in the garage at the port we might just drive around Lauderdale...

As others have said, the steward will help you change rooms and your cruise cards are likely to be delivered the night before in your old stateroom.

Regarding your Captain's Circle status change (congrats BTW), that may or may not show up on your card with the subsequent sailing. Not to worry, that's just a lag in the system. On a recent trip we disembarked the Ruby on one day and embarked on the Royal the next. The sailing count on our new cruise cards was not updated for the cruise we completed the day before. It wasn't a problem as we weren't in for a status change or anything, but we noticed just the same.

I suggest you visit the Captain's Circle Host early in the first voyage and let them know the situation. That way it is more likely to be handled correctly. I suspect cruise cards for voyages are printed a day or two before the voyage begins and that's why your status may not be correct.

I'm looking at a 9 day back to back. To get 2 cruise credits do I have to book them as 2 cruises?

When we booked a 14-day cruise that was really two 7-day cruises back to back, I originally received one cruise credit for a 14-day cruise. I called Princess and they changed it to two cruise credits of 7 days each. But, I did have to call after the cruise was posted to my account.

When we booked a 14-day cruise that was really two 7-day cruises back to back, I originally received one cruise credit for a 14-day cruise. I called Princess and they changed it to two cruise credits of 7 days each. But, I did have to call after the cruise was posted to my account.

Something similar happened to us on an upsell to a suite. We orignially only got 1 cruise credit. Thanks to the info on Cruise Critics they said to contact Princess. I should have gotten 2 credits. Two years after the fact I contacted Princess and got the extra suite credit almost immediately.

I was wondering how the new steward would know about the move. It never occurred to me to go seek him/her out. This is good information. I love Cruise Critics!

I'm secretly hoping they let us stay in the suite (upgrade/upsell). It hasn't been sold yet for the second leg.

They circulate a list to the cabin stewards about people that have to relocate or at least it's been that way on all our relocations.

Something similar happened to us on an upsell to a suite. We orignially only got 1 cruise credit. Thanks to the info on Cruise Critics they said to contact Princess. I should have gotten 2 credits. Two years after the fact I contacted Princess and got the extra suite credit almost immediately.

Same here, and I probably would not have thought to check and call, if not for these Cruise Critic discussions.

I tried calling to get ours changed from a 14 day B2B and they did NOT give me two cruise credits for it. She went on and on about how the number of days was just as important.

Extremely frustrating to read that others are given such privileges only to find out that it clearly depends on who you talk to. So, while the customer service rep kept telling me that number of days counts as much as number of cruises, I know that's not at all true. Taking long cruises or B2B's with Princess does not pay off in terms of priority! The end of 50 days or the end of your 5th cruise is not at all an equivalency ... 5, 4-day cruises is not at all equivalent to 5, 10-day cruises! Interesting and sad loyalty priority.

If you were able to talk sense to customer service, please let me know who you spoke to ....

I tried calling to get ours changed from a 14 day B2B and they did NOT give me two cruise credits for it. She went on and on about how the number of days was just as important.

Extremely frustrating to read that others are given such privileges only to find out that it clearly depends on who you talk to. So, while the customer service rep kept telling me that number of days counts as much as number of cruises, I know that's not at all true. Taking long cruises or B2B's with Princess does not pay off in terms of priority! The end of 50 days or the end of your 5th cruise is not at all an equivalency ... 5, 4-day cruises is not at all equivalent to 5, 10-day cruises! Interesting and sad loyalty priority.

If you were able to talk sense to customer service, please let me know who you spoke to ....

I sent an email to customerrelations@princesscruises.com and addressed it Dear Captain's Circle. Good Luck.

Just call again. You will likely get someone else. Ask for a supervisor if necessary.

Talk to the Captain's Circle rep on board

Was this before or after your cruise? Much easier to do it after or on board. If the person on the phone won't do it, ask to speak to her supervisor.

Edited by DMRick

Talk to the Captain's Circle rep on board

It is the best way since you'll have it done immediately while you're sitting at the desk.

Also, the cruise count is as important as the number of days since you'll be building up cruise count credit towards "loyalty" credit in the future. It might not seem to be much but once you get to 30 & 40 cruises having an extra $50 or $75 dollars sure is nice.

I also believe (it may not be so) that when they select people for the MTP it's first based upon the number of days sailed & if there's a tie with the number of days the determining factor of who goes will be based on the number of cruses.

I also believe (it may not be so) that when they select people for the MTP it's first based upon the number of days sailed & if there's a tie with the number of days the determining factor of who goes will be based on the number of cruses.

You are correct. Once happened to us, where we tied and won, because even though days were the same, we had 3 more cruises/points than the other couple.

Not any more. My back to back was booked as a single and it showed up in my personalized as two. So I called about an old one and they fixed that one too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

This is what we were told at the captains circle a few weeks ago. She specifically explained this is the way it is now.