B2B cruise credits

chloe45

I'm looking at a 9 day back to back. To get 2 cruise credits do I have to book them as 2 cruises?

I have read on CC and been told by Princess that if you book as a single cruise either the Loyalty Ambassador on board or Princess after the cruise can change your record to give you credit for 2 cruises.

I'm looking at a 9 day back to back. To get 2 cruise credits do I have to book them as 2 cruises?

I sailed on Caribbean Princess, in November on a 9 day cruise with one booking number that was actually a 4 and a 5 day combined and received 2 cruise credits.

To get 2 cruise credits, you need to book as 2 seperate cruises. If yiy book a suite, then yiu would get 2 for each booking.

Not any more. My back to back was booked as a single and it showed up in my personalized as two. So I called about an old one and they fixed that one too.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Two years ago I booked a 20 day cruise on the Emerald Princess. This was actually two 10-day cruises back to back but I had only one booking number.

On the first day of the second cruise, I spoke with the Captain's Circle host onboard and explained my booking. She got on her computer and saw to it that I got a cruise credit for each leg of the cruise.

A word of advice---before deciding whether to book a b2b as one or two cruises-----do the math on the amount of onboard credits and internet minutes you might be eligible for on each way of booking the cruise.

With the military benefit or shareholder benefit credits, there can sometimes be a big difference in the onboard credit amount you get i.e. two $100 credits versus one $250 credit. The longer the cruise the more important the credits.

Check your cruise history in the personalizer. If the cruise is booked it will already show there as "future" and it will show as 2 credits. You always get the cruise credits as if it was booked as two cruises rather tan a singe logical cruise but the FCC and Shareholder credits work as a single 9 day cruise.

Every time in the past the internet credit for Platinum and Elite has worked as individual cruises until last month when our 14 day logical came with a single 250 minute credit for 14 days rather than two 7 day credits of 150 minutes each. Not certain if this is the new way fir internet on logical cruises or just a one off occurrence.

If Elite, two mini bars, two wine tastings unless they don't do them on the short cruises?

We have another logical booked and have done 21 cruises so far which got me wondering if the new (to us) $25 Captains Circle credit will be received once or twice on this upcoming cruise. We should find out soon.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

Princess has a new policy effective last summer that everyone automatically gets the 2 credits when booking a longer cruise that's also sold as 2 shorter ones. Straight from the Captain's Circle Hostess on the Regal last summer, and I can confirm this happened for us with that cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Princess has a new policy effective last summer that everyone automatically gets the 2 credits when booking a longer cruise that's also sold as 2 shorter ones. Straight from the Captain's Circle Hostess on the Regal last summer, and I can confirm this happened for us with that cruise.

This is correct. In the past when doing a B2B booked as a single cruise you had to make a request from the Captain circle host or the main office for the additional cruise credit but it has been changed. It'll automatically be applied to your cruise history, even as early as the end of the first trip when your aboard the ship.

I'm not sure if ruling applies to a full suite or not for the double credit or not but it does sound logical.

My travel agent is telling me different.

He called the Captains Club yesterday to verify the information. The lady said it has to be booked separately to get the two credits.

A mini is only available only on the 9 day. The first leg has mini's sold out.

I'm not sure what to do now.

My travel agent is telling me different.

He called the Captains Club yesterday to verify the information. The lady said it has to be booked separately to get the two credits.

A mini is only available only on the 9 day. The first leg has mini's sold out.

I'm not sure what to do now.

That lady hasn't been on a Princess cruise lately. Either way, even in past years all you had to do was see the Capt circle host & ask them to change your history or call the Princess headquarters when the cruise was over to reflect the additional cruise credit.

I've decided to book a suite on the first leg and a mini on the second leg. We are sitting on 13 cruise credits. The suite will get us to Elite for the second leg of the cruise. Do we get our new cards on the ship or at the port at the turn around?

Also, we won't have the same room so what do people do once they get back on the ship? Is the Horizon Court open? Since the car will be in the garage at the port we might just drive around Lauderdale...

Apparently they are now treating b2b cruises the same no matter if they are booked under two booking numbers or just one.

When doing a b2b in the same stateroom, booked separately, they give you one cruise key card for the entire time, you get two cruise credits, two mini-bar & internet packages, etc. for Elite. They carry over your shipboard account to the next cruise. This is a change from the past where you got another cruise card & balance of shipboard account was not carried over for the second leg. This has been our experience.

I've decided to book a suite on the first leg and a mini on the second leg. We are sitting on 13 cruise credits. The suite will get us to Elite for the second leg of the cruise. Do we get our new cards on the ship or at the port at the turn around?

They just might give you two separate cruise cards since you're changing rooms, to be delivered to your cabin on the last day. Lately they've only giving 1 card for all the B2B trips put together.

Also, we won't have the same room so what do people do once they get back on the ship? Is the Horizon Court open? Since the car will be in the garage at the port we might just drive around Lauderdale...

You'll get a chance to move your clothes prior to going through imaginations on the turnaround day or if you leave early to ride around pack your things & have the steward move them. You'll also have a new photo taken as you enter the ship using your new card. The Horizon buffet will open at in the morning for breakfast and at 11:30 for lunch, same as any other day so you'll have a jump on it before the other people board. (or go to the DR if you stay on the ship).

BTW- you can leave the ship as early as you like with the walk-offs around 6:15 or so.

You should get a new cruise card the last night of the first leg. It should be black. If not, see the Captain's Circle rep.

You will have to pack up your stuff. The steward should assist you in moving it to the new cabin.

HC will be open. If the new steward is aware you will be changing cabins, your new one should be ready early

Thanks for all the great info.

If the new steward is aware you will be changing cabins, your new one should be ready early

What Paul said. Visit your new steward a day or two before the end of the cruise, introduce yourself and tell him you'll be checking into that specific cabin.

You should get a new cruise card the last night of the first leg. It should be black. If not, see the Captain's Circle rep.

You will have to pack up your stuff. The steward should assist you in moving it to the new cabin.

HC will be open. If the new steward is aware you will be changing cabins, your new one should be ready early

The last time we had a room change the steward wanted to do it all including the draw items. I suppose they just swap out the cabin draws but we packed our own anyway.

I was wondering how the new steward would know about the move. It never occurred to me to go seek him/her out. This is good information. I love Cruise Critics!

I'm secretly hoping they let us stay in the suite (upgrade/upsell). It hasn't been sold yet for the second leg.