Carnival Triumph front cabins

Hapylady

Hi! I'm not really a new poster but was having issues logging in so started new account.

Just booked on the 12 day Triumph cruise in March out of Galveston. Not a lot of cabins left but wanted a reasonably quiet one and booked 7208. It's all the way on the front on the port side under the bridge.

Now I'm second guessing myself. I've never been so far front.

Anyone have an experience with this area of the ship? Any help is appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a large, odd shaped room at bow of boat once. Room very quiet, only heard water slosh once as I assume they were filling the ballast tanks. Room had no portholes and with door closed and lights off it was dead black, even midday. Best sleep I ever had.

• 1 year later...

Realized I never posted back on this thread. We loved this cabin, we could see into the bridge from our balcony and it was interesting to watch.

We are sailing on the Freedom later this month and are in a front cabin again.

Edited by Hapylady

Realized I never posted back on this thread. We loved this cabin, we could see into the bridge from our balcony and it was interesting to watch.

We are sailing on the Freedom later this month and are in a front cabin again.

I had one of these on the Freedom, and loved it!

Enjoy the Freedom, she is one of my favorite ships, and the only ship that I have cruised on twice:)

Hi! I'm not really a new poster but was having issues logging in so started new account.

Just booked on the 12 day Triumph cruise in March out of Galveston. Not a lot of cabins left but wanted a reasonably quiet one and booked 7208. It's all the way on the front on the port side under the bridge.

Now I'm second guessing myself. I've never been so far front.

Anyone have an experience with this area of the ship? Any help is appreciated.

I have stayed many times in the very front of ships. The first room in the hall and I love it. You can see in the bridge. I love them. I only take very front or very back

You picked a great cabin

• 4 months later...

We love the category 4J cabins in the front of the ship and have had them several times. Obviously nothing beats a balcony, but these cabins are up to $500 cheaper for a 7 day cruise and just a few steps outside your door puts you out on the large open deck in front of the ship. Great place to watch the ship sail in and out of the ports!

• 2 months later...

we had 6201 on the triumph and the noise from the space next to us was horrible. it was a mechanical room or something. They never warned us. The size was great but now know why it is so much cheaper.

The 'secret deck' was nice, but people went to smoke out there and could smell it.

First, this room will have a window. Unless the cabin is handicap modified, it will be the same size as most other cabins. Second, the only way you will see the bridge is if you go outside onto the forward deck and look up to deck 8. We have never noticed any motion issues when staying in one of these cabins. They do ask that you keep your drapes closed at night so the lights in the cabin don't interfere with navigation.

My one trip on the Triumph, we had an interior room that was practically right at the front, on the lido deck. The worst noise I remember getting is from docking in Cozumel, but hey, that's to be expected.

An aft room on Elation, on the other hand...