One5 Dance Club

J.A.H.

I've been trying to find a good description of this (on the Grand) place but I'm hoping that someone can tell me how it differs from Skywalker's? Also, is Skywalker's still there in some form? We have always enjoyed going up there, esp. in the daytime for the views but also at night to dance. Will we be disappointed?

Thanks,

Julie

I've been trying to find a good description of this (on the Grand) place but I'm hoping that someone can tell me how it differs from Skywalker's? Also, is Skywalker's still there in some form? We have always enjoyed going up there, esp. in the daytime for the views but also at night to dance. Will we be disappointed?

Thanks,

Julie

One5 is the nightclub and there is no Skywalkers or anything like it on the Grand

Sounds like the Club 6 on the Royal/Regal (fiesta deck) which replaces skywalkers. It is small and indeed boring. I missed skywalkers.

BTW skywalkers had to be removed from the Grand because cracks had appeared in the superstructure holding it up over the stern. Grand used metal while the following grand class ships used composite materials which have not so far developed cracks. It was cheaper to remove it than to fix it.

I found the one5 very cold and sterile. Like the bars on Celebrity ships.

It is a L-shaped area with bar on one side, dance floor the other. Virtually no seats with a view of both.

And because there are multiple entrances from the open deck as well as the elevator lobby you get people in swimwear cutting through the lounge during the Platinum/Elite/Suite happy hour.

Sounds like the Club 6 on the Royal/Regal (fiesta deck) which replaces skywalkers. It is small and indeed boring. I missed skywalkers.

BTW skywalkers had to be removed from the Grand because cracks had appeared in the superstructure holding it up over the stern. Grand used metal while the following grand class ships used composite materials which have not so far developed cracks. It was cheaper to remove it than to fix it.

I agree Club 6 is worse, like it was the only space left.

"ok lets just stick it here". :(

Thanks, everyone. That's all very interesting. Guess they had to get rid of it on the Grand. Maybe they're looking toward having to do that on all of the ships? This new place doesn't sound good to me. I loved going up there to read as well.