Price Protection e-mail says seven days!

mcgratru

I only ask because this is the first time I have tried this with Carnival.....at Princess I just call and ask and they have always given me the lower price immediately. My PVP doesn't work weekends and the deal expires tomorrow!

They seem to be so inconsistent. I had been getting approvals in less than an hour. Then I had one that they never replied to. I sent it in again and got the approval right away. I sent one a few days ago and never heard. I happened to go and look at my booking and they had added the on board credit, but they never sent me a response. As long as I get it I'm ok, but it would be nice to get the approval e-mail.

Just submitted my Price Protection form today. I got an e-mail back within an hour saying they are backed up and it could take up to seven days for approval?? Anyone ever heard of that!

If the e-mail you received looks something like this:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We wanted to let you know we received your email. Our team will be processing requests in the order received so please bear with us as email volumes are quite heavy right now. Once your request has been serviced, there is no need to contact us as we will send you a confirmation (or an email response) within 7 days.

Thank you for your patience. We value your business and appreciate this opportunity to assist.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Solutions

It is the auto-response that I have received every time I have submitted the "Price Protection Form" via the website. Like most everyone else who has responded, I have received a response often within an hour, sometimes as long as a couple of days. I never have paid any mind to the "7 day" comment, and simply was glad to know that they received my request.

Good luck with your request!

I have question about price protection. Is this protection if you find a lower price all the way up until your cruise or is it just within a few days after you originally book it. Because I booked mine with price protection but I swear I read on the "guarantee" that it has to be found within 48 or 72hrs (can't remember exact) of the booking. Is there a difference between their "guarantee" and the "price protection"??

I have question about price protection. Is this protection if you find a lower price all the way up until your cruise or is it just within a few days after you originally book it. Because I booked mine with price protection but I swear I read on the "guarantee" that it has to be found within 48 or 72hrs (can't remember exact) of the booking. Is there a difference between their "guarantee" and the "price protection"??

If you book early saver, you can submit a price protection form any time from when you book up until you cruise. There may be a cut-off very close to the cruising date, but there is no "within xx hrs of booking" requirement. If you have not yet paid in full, they reduce your balance by the amount of the price reduction. If you have paid, you get OBC.

If you book early saver, you can submit a price protection form any time from when you book up until you cruise. There may be a cut-off very close to the cruising date, but there is no "within xx hrs of booking" requirement. If you have not yet paid in full, they reduce your balance by the amount of the price reduction. If you have paid, you get OBC.

Awesome thank you! I don't think I'll find a better deal but I'll be checking!! Anything to save a buck!

I always screenshot the price in case of any issues, it came in handy once

Kathy-Central Indiana

Mom to four (2girls-17&13), (2boys-14&11)

Carnival Liberty (Southern) 4/2015)

Carnival Conquest (11/13) Repositioning

Carnival Liberty (4/13) Eastern

Carnival Destiny (6/04) Southern

We finally had a price drop on our 4J yesterday morning. I called my PVP and left a message, emailed him, submitted the price drop form and called Carnival. I had an email within 4 hours from my PVP telling me they credited my account $140.

with Early Saver rates, you get price drops up to two days before sailing:)

And it has to be a price from carnivals site? I can't believe I never knew this before. Lol

Yes, kc... You have to be able to do a "mock booking" on Carnival's site or verify the fare with Carnival's fare viewer tool. Take a screen shot of the booking criteria you used and the resulting fare just in case your request is denied. We got almost $900 (total for two cabins) in reductions on our cruise from the time we booked last March until we cruised in December! It's definitely worth a few minutes every couple of days to check fares.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk 2

Call in the price drop to Carnival. Don't wait on the price protection form to come back

I called Carnival's 800# last week and rep told me they no longer do price drops on the phone....has anyone else gotten this response???

I called Carnival's 800# last week and rep told me they no longer do price drops on the phone....has anyone else gotten this response???

I actually called last night for a price drop and was told on the phone that I had to submit the price protection form. I called right back and spoke with someone else and they did it for me. It's all about who you talk to