No Cabin assignment 3-weeks away & blank luggage tags received

Baybear

OP here: Six days to go and still no assignment. Statistical probability of a better cabin rising with each passing day??? (We're on the cheapest inside "gty")

Your cruise looks sold out in the Inside and Oceanview categories. That means you could be upgraded for free dockside. I would resist all incoming upsells! Even if you do get assigned an Inside, once onboard the concierge may make you a great offer if you ask him/her.

OP here: Six days to go and still no assignment. Statistical probability of a better cabin rising with each passing day??? (We're on the cheapest inside "gty")

Not sure of the statistical probability, but certainly I'd say it's not out of the question. Then again, if the ship is completely sold out, it's not likely this late in the game. Just make sure you answer your phone(s), and your TA, if you have one, knows to call you immediately with any offers!

We also book a G gty - and usually do pretty well with the old wait-and-see game! Good things often come to those who wait! Good luck!

I, personally, would say yes to any reasonable offers - for me, a bird in the hand is, well, you know!

Edited by roothy123

Agree. The same happened to us. Our TA was surprised that this would ever happen on O. We will always book an Inside GTY and keep our fingers crossed from now on. Mum's the word.

Happens all the time on O.

Mum's the word? Not when it's plastered all over Cruise Critic!

OP here: This will be my last post on this thread.

Well, today, 3 days before the cruise, we finally got our cabin assignment.

It was Good News, and Bad News..

The bad news is that it is AN INSIDE CABIN, which is what we signed up for as "Cat G guaranteed."

The good news is that is is an UPGRADE from a Cat G to a Cat F inside cabin. Ordinarily we would say "so what" to that, but it turns out we're in 10050 which is one of the two wheelchair cabins on board Oceania Riviera and from what I understand it is quite a bit larger than the other 16 "standard" inside cabins. So we're happy about all that.

Only problem is that now we'll have to go and shop tomorrow for a wheelchair or two.