Dolphins

RCCL Fan

My 6-year old really wants to "swim with the dolphins"

There are options in all 3 ports on our cruise.

Unfortunately, Ocho Rios is so far away, and the Cozumel one is out in the ocean, and depending on weather can be very difficult for an adult to stand on the platform let alone a small child.

Wondering what the experience is like in Caymans? Has anyone done this? Is water in a calm area?

my family visited grand cayman and we surely did the Dolphin experience , There are 2 dolphin park in grand cayman, we did not like the idea of them in a pool so Dolphin Cove was perfect for the family, the kids loved it. the dolphins are in a natural lagoon, the water is calm, my family was standing on a loating dock with the water about waist high, great for the kids, plus my tour excursion included a nature trail at the dolphin park with exotic birds (macaws parrot, umbrella cockatoo and ecletus parrot) the kids were thrilled.

my family visited grand cayman and we surely did the Dolphin experience , There are 2 dolphin park in grand cayman, we did not like the idea of them in a pool so Dolphin Cove was perfect for the family, the kids loved it. the dolphins are in a natural lagoon, the water is calm, my family was standing on a loating dock with the water about waist high, great for the kids, plus my tour excursion included a nature trail at the dolphin park with exotic birds (macaws parrot, umbrella cockatoo and ecletus parrot) the kids were thrilled.

Hi Janel!

I am about to book the same excursion (or so I think) on Royal Caribbean for our cruise in April. Which cruise line were you on? I noticed there is a Dolphin Encounter and a Dolphin Swim, but both have the same description. Any advice? :)

The dolphin experience in Cozumel is not actually in the ocean. It is in a large pool. We did it last year and it has a trip advisor award for several years. Perhaps you were thinking it was in the ocean because they offer paddle boarding and other ocean activities. We are doing it two years in a row now. Cayman Islands has a wonderful turtle farm. We have visited there but not participated in the dolphin experience.

Celebrity Reflection * February 2012 (Birthday)

Celebrity Summit * December 2013 (New Years)

Norwegian Dawn * March 2014 (Spring Break)

Norwegian Sky * September 2014 (Girls Trip)

Norwegian Epic * March 2015 (Spring Break)

Celebrity Silhouette * September 2015 (Anniversary /Birthday)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Reggie, I've done it 3 times in Cozumel, it was in the ocean, just a fence off section. I'm 200+ and the waves were so high I couldn't stand still. Our group all held each other up.

Perhaps there are two places to do it. But ours were no doubt in the ocean with a wire fence around us.

Amy, I'm looking at that too. Typically the swim/more expensive one is where you actually get pulled through the water by the dolphins, they push you up in the air even.

Tons of fun!

The encounter/cheaper one is you stand, touch, feel get a kiss etc.

If you're like me with really young ones the encounter will probably be best, but if it's you or an older group, go for the swim.

• 2 weeks later...

Please do not attend these type of "abusement parks". They are only their for the entertainment purpose.

Please educate yourself about this type of so-called entertainment by watching THE COVE and BLACKFISH. These are 2 wonderful documentaries.