Just off the Carnival Liberty....ask questions if you like

bassmaster150

Just off the Carnival Liberty 8-day Eastern Caribbean cruise. The itinerary was as follows:

Day 1 - Get on the boat

Day 2 - Sea day

Day 3 - Grand Turk

Day 4 - St Thomas

Day 5 - St Maarten

Day 6 - San Juan

Day 7 - Sea day

Day 8 - Sea day (with a coast guard medivac)

Day 9 - Get off the boat

If you have any questions about the ship or ports or whatever, I will answer what I can.

We will be on the Liberty Eastern Caribbean in 6 weeks. Just wondering what shape is the ship in. Also heard alot about the vibration from mid to aft, can you comment on thus? Did the ship roll or list a lot? How did you find the food in the dinning room if you ate there. Thanks for your input. Gary

I will be on the Valor in May, how was Grand Turk, what did you do?

Would you happen to have the copies of the menus?

What was there to eat past 11pm besides room service and pizza anything else?

How was the lunch buffets (we don't eat fast food type foods such as hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches/processed meats, fries, etc) would we find a decent selection to choose from?

Did the Liberty have a fish and chips if so how was it, father in law loves seafood.

doing the same cruise itinerary in Feb. only doing it on the Sunshine. Would love to hear what you did in each of the ports and also what the condition of the beaches are now in St. Thomas post hurricane a couple months ago.

Also do you have copies of the Carnival fun?

Just got off the ship as well. The vibration appears to only happen when they are running 4 generators. Seems that there is some balance issue there, but the vibration can only be felt really in certain spots. A few feet away you can't feel it. Interesting, but nothing really disruptive. For example, in our cabin bathroom the floor really vibrated. In the cabin couldn't feel it at all. I did notice in the buffet area right by the sweet spot there was strong vibration, but if you moved over toward the side couldn't really feel it. We did have ship movement on the way back, but the seas had slow rollers in the 8 to 10 ft. Range and those caused some movement. Going south to Grand Turk the wind was very strong and the serenity deck was closed, but otherwise pretty good weather.

As far as the condition of the ship it is in good shape for a 10 year old ship. It is a Joe Farcus decor, in the past I have been a big fan of his, it is what made Carnival the cruiseline it is and allowed for Carnival Corp to buy up the other lines. I met him twice and talking with him he really helped explained the importance of the theme to giving the ship it's own personality. His designs are what made the ships different even though they were the same class (especially the Fantasy class) and otherwise basically identical. Now that Carnival isn't rolling out 2 new ships a year, things change. Times change. Just as in Vegas the hot properties back many years ago were the heavily themed resorts, those trends have changed and I have changed. I like the cleaner more modern designs now that Carnival is creating with the Breeze and Sunshine. But she is in good shape.

Yes fish and chips is onboard. If you like British style fish it is similar and good. There are other offerings.

Food was good and warm when served in the dining room. Buffet typical buffet. Guys burgers and the Iguana Cantina very good to me....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be on the Liberty Eastern Caribbean in 6 weeks. Just wondering what shape is the ship in. Also heard alot about the vibration from mid to aft, can you comment on thus? Did the ship roll or list a lot? How did you find the food in the dinning room if you ate there. Thanks for your input. Gary

Not to hijack but I also got off the Liberty today and we were originally in cabin 8411 the vibration was so bad my fat jiggled constantly the vibration caused a constant knocking noise. I couldn't sleep and luckily they found us a much calmer cabin on deck 6

Just wondering what shape is the ship in. --> She is showing her age a bit...I say that after spending 11 days on the Royal Princess in August, so I may be a bit biased...however it did not deter from our fun and we had a great cruise.

Also heard alot about the vibration from mid to aft, can you comment on thus? We were forward, but when we are in the Lido buffet area aft, there was vibration that was noted.

Did the ship roll or list a lot? I Saturday, we were in some large swells....not really rough seas, but large swells, and for the first time in 17 cruises, my wife and I had to take some dramamine....the roll was just perfect enough to make us queesy.

As far as the food in the MDR, we REALLY loved the American table...and I have to admit, I am not much of a fan of Mac & Cheese, but the Bacon Mac and Cheese was OUTSTANDING!!!! Also, in the past the Carnival pizza was horrible, but we absolutely loved it this time.

Apologies for the delays...We were flying home.

I will be on the Valor in May, how was Grand Turk, what did you do?

Would you happen to have the copies of the menus?

What was there to eat past 11pm besides room service and pizza anything else?

How was the lunch buffets (we don't eat fast food type foods such as hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches/processed meats, fries, etc) would we find a decent selection to choose from?

Did the Liberty have a fish and chips if so how was it, father in law loves seafood.

I will be on the Valor in May, how was Grand Turk, what did you do? We did our first ever helicopter ride..it was expensive and only 12 minutes, but absolutely amazing. Then we had lunch at Margaritaville followed by snorkeling off of the beach. We enjoyed it....our second time there.

Would you happen to have the copies of the menus? No, unfortunately I do not.....but it was American Table, and it was enjoyable. They also have steakhouse selections for $20 and they are good, but the steakhouse at $35 is better.

What was there to eat past 11pm besides room service and pizza anything else? Room service and pizza...and ice cream

How was the lunch buffets (we don't eat fast food type foods such as hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches/processed meats, fries, etc) would we find a decent selection to choose from? You will have a decent selection and there is always the mongolian wok

Did the Liberty have a fish and chips if so how was it, father in law loves seafood.--> Yes...I had it yesterday. It was the first time I have ever eaten it so I cannot comment on how good it is...it is good but I have nothing to compare it with. We will be in London in June and eat it for real.

Will be on the Liberty in April and this my first time on this ship.

What amenities can one use at the spa without paying spa prices?

What is the cost of a Day pass for the spa?

Is there a smoking section on the Lido?

I'm planning to book the steak house for the first day to celebrate my birthday, can I request a Merlot?

Is there a fee for the Taste Bar?

Thanks.

We're debating between breeze,glory and liberty. How did u like the ship? What did you do in san juan?

We're debating between breeze,glory and liberty. --> We have been on the Liberty twice and the Breeze once. If you have not been on the Breeze...it is worth it 100% over any other ship.

What did you do in san juan? We did a tour of the Forts of San Juan (El Morro and San Cristobol). We had an amazing tour guide who knew everything about the history. My great grandfather is aso buried in the cemetary at El Morro so we tried to look for him but were unsuccessful.

Do you know anything about Internet packages? We will be on in two weeks:D

We had the 240 minute plan. It can be painfully slow though.

Fees: Internet access at the cyber cafe or on personal laptops costs 75 cents per minute. Alternatively, minutes can be bought in blocks: 480 minutes for $159; 240 minutes for $89; 120 minutes for $59; 45 minutes for $29.

doing the same cruise itinerary in Feb. only doing it on the Sunshine. Would love to hear what you did in each of the ports and also what the condition of the beaches are now in St. Thomas post hurricane a couple months ago.

Also do you have copies of the Carnival fun?

Grand Turk --> Helicopter ride (it was $$$ for 21 minutes but worth it), lunch at Margaritaville, and snorkelling off of the beach

St Thomas --> City tour and ate at the Greenhouse (most amazing restaurant on any of the islands). We also did the cable car ride up the hill. The beaches look great.

St Maarten --> Rode a dingy all over the island waters and then went snorkelling

San Juan --> Forts of San Juan and some walking of old San Juan in the morning

When on the sunshine, make sure you eat at JiJi.....you will love it.

Just got off the ship as well. The vibration appears to only happen when they are running 4 generators. Seems that there is some balance issue there, but the vibration can only be felt really in certain spots. A few feet away you can't feel it. Interesting, but nothing really disruptive. For example, in our cabin bathroom the floor really vibrated. In the cabin couldn't feel it at all. I did notice in the buffet area right by the sweet spot there was strong vibration, but if you moved over toward the side couldn't really feel it. We did have ship movement on the way back, but the seas had slow rollers in the 8 to 10 ft. Range and those caused some movement. Going south to Grand Turk the wind was very strong and the serenity deck was closed, but otherwise pretty good weather.

As far as the condition of the ship it is in good shape for a 10 year old ship. It is a Joe Farcus decor, in the past I have been a big fan of his, it is what made Carnival the cruiseline it is and allowed for Carnival Corp to buy up the other lines. I met him twice and talking with him he really helped explained the importance of the theme to giving the ship it's own personality. His designs are what made the ships different even though they were the same class (especially the Fantasy class) and otherwise basically identical. Now that Carnival isn't rolling out 2 new ships a year, things change. Times change. Just as in Vegas the hot properties back many years ago were the heavily themed resorts, those trends have changed and I have changed. I like the cleaner more modern designs now that Carnival is creating with the Breeze and Sunshine. But she is in good shape.

Yes fish and chips is onboard. If you like British style fish it is similar and good. There are other offerings.

Food was good and warm when served in the dining room. Buffet typical buffet. Guys burgers and the Iguana Cantina very good to me....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On the way back, those rollers were just spaced far enough apart to make for an interesting ride.....I can still feel them at home right now. We were at the front of the ship on Deck 7 in a suite, and our cabin was really moving at night.....

We will be on in 4 weeks. How was the cruise director, quality of shows and the activities? Also, how was the service in the dining room?

We normally don't do the shows and I didn't meet the cruise director. We had anytime dining, and the service was outstanding in my opinion.

Will be on the Liberty in April and this my first time on this ship.

What amenities can one use at the spa without paying spa prices?

What is the cost of a Day pass for the spa?

Is there a smoking section on the Lido?

I'm planning to book the steak house for the first day to celebrate my birthday, can I request a Merlot?

Is there a fee for the Taste Bar?

Thanks.

What amenities can one use at the spa without paying spa prices? I am a guy, so all I used was the gym. Cannot speak to anything else....sorry

What is the cost of a Day pass for the spa? Didn't get one and didn't check...sorry

Is there a smoking section on the Lido? ...yes, on decks 9 and 10 on the Starboard side of the ship. If you are standing at the back of the boat looking forward, it is on the right side. There is also one on deck 3 outside.

I'm planning to book the steak house for the first day to celebrate my birthday, can I request a Merlot? For the free bottle I am not sure....

Is there a fee for the Taste Bar?We did not use the taste bar unfortunately.