MUTS info

Libertarian

I have a question about MUTS during the day. What types of music is played? Is it pretty much continuous or is there some times that there is live music? I can't imagine being on a ship enjoying the pool/deck area without some nice island tunes playing. Every ship that I have been on has had a nice Reggae band that played frequently.

I have a question about MUTS during the day. What types of music is played? Is it pretty much continuous or is there some times that there is live music? I can't imagine being on a ship enjoying the pool/deck area without some nice island tunes playing. Every ship that I have been on has had a nice Reggae band that played frequently.

It depends on where you are cruising to, and who the cruise director is. For example, on my two Transatlantic cruises, the bands were from Europe (not much Reggae music). On my Panama Canal cruise this past November, we had a very good band that could play Reggae and lots of other music. On sea days, they would play at the MUTS pool from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (for the lunch crowd). On port days, they would play outside for Sailaway. Most of the time, they were in the Explorer's lounge. Other times, there was a DJ that would set up outside and play for a couple of hours.

We are on the Ruby on 1/24/25. I'm curious about the movies on MUTS. I haven't received an email about the entertainment yet so if anyone knows, please share.

Mine came exactly two weeks before sailing - it was in the Cruise Director announcement email, at the bottom.

We were on the Emerald about 3 weeks ago. For some reason, they didn't have any blankets on the 1st night of MUTS, but that was rectified for the rest of the cruise. Popcorn and cookies were available, but no milk.

During the day, MUTS showed movies and some sports. There was no live music in that area.