drinks package card

nodandade

Not sure why you think acting like a jerk adds value to this discussion. :rolleyes:

The only hypocrisy I see is from people who suggest that breaking ANY rule is somehow acceptable. Using other broken rules as a justification to break even more is morally weak, IMHO. :eek:

Nicely put! Using his flawed ethics, I guess if my brother-in-law has been getting away with cheating on his wife, then it must be OK for me to cheat on my wife as well. After all, as this poster seems to think, as long as someone else is breaking the rules, it's OK for the rest of us to break some as well. :rolleyes:

EDIT: and now that poster is saying that is someone has ever made a mistake, they no longer have any right to voice an opinion on what is wrong or wrong. Who the heck made him judge and jury? :confused::mad:

Edited by SantaFeFan

it does not take long for a simple question to get blown out of all preportions does it, I asked two simple questions and cle- guy answered those 2 questions completely for me,then others get on board and start to air their two bobs worth.

I stated that I know about sharing (not to) and I won't,but the simple question was to ask that if the card holder was having a snooze could his wife get a drink with it while the card holder was asleep.the point being what difference would it make, if the card holder was not using it (by sitting at a bar for possibly hours drinking) and his wife just wanted to use it for say a speciality coffee ,then whats the deal.

I don't want to here from people who want to air their beliefs ,but facts from people who have done or tried what I have asked

thank you

Ok, so back at home your spouse is taking a snooz, not using the health ins coverage. Can you use it? Of course not! But under the cover of darkness many things go on. It reads like you have made your mind up that taking a little extra here and there from a big Corporate business is ok. Would that same idea be allowed at the business you work at?

But to answer your original question, yes we have seen people steal, OPPS, get a drink with someone else's card and not get caught.

EDIT: and now that poster is saying that is someone has ever made a mistake, they no longer have any right to voice an opinion on what is wrong or wrong. Who the heck made him judge and jury? :confused::mad:

I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying go easy on these people, we've all done things inappropriate, no need to kill the OP over it. Voice an opinion, just don't tell me I can't have mine either.

The OP asked if they can use another card to get a drink and wanted to know what the coding looked like. They did not ask for a lesson on morals or for judgements on these acts.

And fact is, you show up at a bar with someone else's card, even though that other persons picture is in the computer, 99% of bartenders will give you the drink. That's reality. While in an esoterical discussion, it wouldn't happen, in reality this is what happens. I give my card to friends all the time to fetch me a drink. bartender has no clue if it's for me or them. They have a valid card and serve the drink.

Maybe we need to judge the morality of the ship staff for allowing it....? Have them all fired for breaking the rules.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying go easy on these people, we've all done things inappropriate, no need to kill the OP over it. Voice an opinion, just don't tell me I can't have mine either.

The OP asked if they can use another card to get a drink and wanted to know what the coding looked like. They did not ask for a lesson on morals or for judgements on these acts.

And fact is, you show up at a bar with someone else's card, even though that other persons picture is in the computer, 99% of bartenders will give you the drink. That's reality. While in an esoterical discussion, it wouldn't happen, in reality this is what happens. I give my card to friends all the time to fetch me a drink. bartender has no clue if it's for me or them. They have a valid card and serve the drink.

Maybe we need to judge the morality of the ship staff for allowing it....? Have them all fired for breaking the rules.

Come on Curt, STOP!

We all know the reason for the original question, no need to beat around the bush and sugar coat the responses. Right is right, and wrong is wrong. There is no gray matter in this area. Buy a package, or pay as you go, period.

EW

o.k everyone time to stop.

I asked a couple of questions and they have been answered.

I never asked if I could cheat any system, all I asked was two questions and they have been solved.

I thank you for all your replies and your input.

happy cruising

So to recap, of the 29 posts (well, this makes 30) in this thread, 4 actually have to do with answering the OP directly. :D

Now I guess everyone can STOP, opinions, reality, and morals have all been made quite clear, as well as an answer to the topic initially preseneted.

Like with any other things, shareholder credit combination advice is always "try it you may get lucky". Even though shareholder credit rules are CLEAR not combinable with any other offer, yet people have success. that's theft too, ye tit the prevailing advice in this forum.

123 perks say not combinable with group bookings, yet people have success with those too. theft. Yet agin, advice is try it, see what happens.

Using captain's club discount certificates are not combinable with other discounts, yet prevailing advice is try it with your resident discount, see what happens.

Perks come that are for new bookings only, advice is cancel current and rebook new one, then get the perks.

Here we have someone wanting to know if they can get a $9 coffee drink with another card. I say to this, as many do myself included, with all other similar queries, try it, see what happens.

Yes some have luck getting a drink with another's card. A $9.00 cappuccino is a lot less theft than getting a $350 drink package on a group booking but celebrity allows both to happen, so we all do it. Call it theft, call it Celebrity not enforcing their rules, whatever you want. We ALL do it or look for ways to do it, especially in the combination of discounts, and perks.

it does not take long for a simple question to get blown out of all preportions does it, I asked two simple questions and cle- guy answered those 2 questions completely for me,then others get on board and start to air their two bobs worth.

I stated that I know about sharing (not to) and I won't,but the simple question was to ask that if the card holder was having a snooze could his wife get a drink with it while the card holder was asleep.the point being what difference would it make, if the card holder was not using it (by sitting at a bar for possibly hours drinking) and his wife just wanted to use it for say a speciality coffee ,then whats the deal.

I don't want to here from people who want to air their beliefs ,but facts from people who have done or tried what I have asked

thank you

So now the message is, no matter what it is, if you can get away with it, it's OK. Sad.

Edited by Ma Bell

So now the message is, no matter what it is, if you can get away with it, it's OK. Sad.

Seems that way, doesn't it. Strange that the OP first asks what is wrong with using her husbands card while he is sleeping, then claims that she doesn't do it. If you don't do it, why ask if it's OK to do so?

And, to top the foolishness, everyone who doesn't agree is told to get lost, she doesn't want to "here" anything that differs from what she seemingly is planning on doing.

Amazing how people now days think that opinions that differ from theirs are inappropriate. Must be the entitlement phenomena rearing up it's ugly head again. :rolleyes:

I'll add my 2 cents.

My wife was a Premium Non-Alcohol package, I was on a Classic Alcohol. Every night in the MDR a large bottle of Evian was ordered on her card and the MDR staff said it was no problem for us to share the bottle.

Here we have someone wanting to know if they can get a $9 coffee drink with another card. I say to this, as many do myself included, with all other similar queries, try it, see what happens.

Yes some have luck getting a drink with another's card. A $9.00 cappuccino is a lot less theft than getting a $350 drink package on a group booking but celebrity allows both to happen, so we all do it.

So, if it's under $10, it's OK to steal? Is that what you are suggesting? Why take the low road, instead of simply saying that it's stealing, no matter what the amount?

Do you also condone murdering your spouse because some people got away with it? Or is that too egregious a crime? Perhaps killing her dog is more acceptable since the dog is worth less than she is?

Call it theft, call it Celebrity not enforcing their rules, whatever you want. We ALL do it or look for ways to do it, especially in the combination of discounts, and perks.

Excuse me, Mr Special! Speak for yourself! Not "ALL of us do it". I don't. I have no problem following the rules. Possible because I don't place myself on a pedestal and think that I am more important than the rules.

Edited by SantaFeFan

To the OP, nodandade:

The mechanics of your question have since been answered as well as many moral statements on it. I agree with the moral statements that your plan of sharing is wrong.

One more comment on the mechanics: I've seen posts on this forum which ask what Celebrity does to enforce the no sharing rules together with responses that are largely speculation. Just as I don't know what procedures our local stores use to detect shoplifters I don't know all the procedures Celebrity has in place to detect those stealing drinks by using another's package. But I believe they have controls in place and wouldn't recommend trying to see if your cheat is the one that is enforced against.

To Cle-guy: I usually agree with all your very informative posts and feel you are a great contributor to this forum. But I disagree with your position here. I also feel that many of your analogies (especially the ones relating to booking discounts and promotions) are not comparable. As to some of the others: Yes, we all break some rules and disregard some policies but we all (or at least most of us) draw the line some place. I definitely draw the line at shoplifting type theft and I consider heading out with someone else's seapass in order to purchase a drink for a non-package holder to be in the category of retail theft. As to your bottle of wine example: There are no rules against sharing a bottle of wine obtained with a discount on the packages. The purchase of a bottle of wine is a separate purchase of a specific quantity of wine for which sharing is allowed. If you have any doubts about this then ask a beverage manager about this during your next cruise and let us know what they say.

Edited by Lsimon

I have one more thought on this thread and the OP's postings but it is too late to edit my post above. So I'll add the following note:

To the OP, nodandade:

From the wording of your posts it is easy to infer that your intention is to use your husband's card to get a drink under the husband's beverage package for yourself to consume. If that is the case then I agree with the others casting a bit of shame on you, but:

It could also be that you wanted to know what to do if you took your husband's card by mistake. The answer to that would be to inform the server that you took your husbands card by mistake but that you don't have a package so they should process a charge for your drink to your cabin's account and your husband's card could be used for that purpose even though it had a package attached. If this was your actual question then I apologize for the chastising you're getting from my fellow Cruise Critic members but understand it was easy for us to make that mistake from the wording of your post.

Edited by Lsimon

A few years back, before 123GO, we went on a cruise and bought a premium beverage package for me and a non-alcoholic beverage package for my DH. One day in the buffet, i wanted a drink and no bar waiter was in sight. DH agreed to fetch it for me. The bartender made a couple of comments that suggested DH was getting the drink for himself, although he made the drink. It annoyed DH quite a bit, as we were not sharing at all!

A few years back, before 123GO, we went on a cruise and bought a premium beverage package for me and a non-alcoholic beverage package for my DH. One day in the buffet, i wanted a drink and no bar waiter was in sight. DH agreed to fetch it for me. The bartender made a couple of comments that suggested DH was getting the drink for himself, although he made the drink. It annoyed DH quite a bit, as we were not sharing at all!

Not sure what you are saying. If your husband went to a bar to get a drink for you, all he would have to do is ask for the drink and indicate that he was purchasing a drink for someone else and would pay for it. Not sure what is annoying about that. :confused:

Edited by fortinweb

He went, with my card, to get a drink for me on my package. The bartender made a couple of snide remarks about him getting it on my package. Our assumption was that the bartender assumed it was for him, on my package. This was before so many people had packages, though.