Port Canaveral Parking-Carnival Liberty

twowisekids

I have found some old info on this, but nothing more recent. I am a newbie, so maybe not looking in right place.

I am looking for the best options for parking at Port Canaveral. Port lots, Park & Cruise, Hotels?

We have a 10 hr drive back home day of return, so we want the quickest way out.

Thanks in advance for any information.

In my opinion its going to be parking at port. We parked at port during our cruise on the Liberty at the end of June and I'm so glad we did. There were hordes of folks waiting for shuttles,etc. We walked right out , loaded up and drove the 6 hours home. Unless you park at port chances are you will be waiting...

Last year, parking at the port was $15 a day. The bad thing with PC is that they charge you based on the number of days, not number of nights of a cruise. So a 7 night cruise means paying for 8 days at the port. You can also just book a hotel that has the park & cruise feature allowing you to leave your car at the hotel and taking a shuttle to and from the port.

Edited by Out to sea!

this is the information about parking at PC, it comes from the PC website:

"Whether you park in one of our terminal lots or parking garages, the rate* for the following cruises are:

3-night-$60, 4-night-$75, 5-night-$90, 6-night-$105, 7-night-$120 and 8-night-$135 for vehicles up to 20 feet in length.

For vehicles longer than 20 feet, the rates are $26 per day.

Preferred parking is offered at Cruise Terminal 8 and is located next to the terminal, the rate is $20.00 more than the standard parking rates, regardless of cruise length.

*Rates are subject to change without notice. Contact the Canaveral Port Authority at 321-783-7831 for the latest information. "

There are some hotels in Port Canaveral that are offering a 40% off parking coupon with one nights stay. If you are coming in a day early anyway, this is a great option for you. You can save on the parking which sometimes almost covers the cost of your hotel as well.

We always drive to the port and have sailed out of PC many times.

We usually stay at the Radisson At The Port and do their park/cruise package. You can book your shuttle time when you make your reservation so its pretty easy to get the time you need.

Upon our return we do "self-assist" so we walk off carrying all our luggage and are always in the first group off the ship. The Radisson shuttle has always been waiting for us and we are back to the hotel and in our car promptly.

It is just a matter of preference.......just wanted to give you our experience since we also drive to the port.

We just got off the Explorer and parked at the new terminal#1 and it was great. This is the first time we've sailed out of Port Canaveral, usually we leave from FLL. We've always done a off site parking for a good rate and good service. The last cruise we took last March was out of Miami and we used the same 'named' service. Got there and it was a mess. We couldn't park! The cruisers coming off the ships couldn't even get into the lot to get their cars so we had a long wait ahead. We decided to forget that and just drive and park at the Port. I called right away and they immediately refunded my pre-paid fee, which was good, and we paid $120 for the week. It was SO worth it! We literally crossed the street and we on the ship. Getting off was the same thing and we were on our way! Like you, we had a 10 hour drive ahead and it was worth every penny. Thus, not knowing anything about Port Canaveral, we chose that route this last time and again ... worth every penny. It was only $90 as it was just a 5 day cruise. While everyone else was waiting for the shuttle with their luggage, we were on our way home. For us, paying a little extra is worth the convenience, especially with the long drive ahead.