10 day Barcelona to Canaries - cost of port shuttles?

chicaguapa

I'm booked on the Barcelona to Morocco & Canary Islands cruise in April. I am trying to compile a list of costs at each port and want to include the shuttle bus and/or taxi cost.

There are 4 of us (2 adults 2 kids) so they can quickly add up when x4 (see Funchal!) So in some cases it may just be cheaper to take a taxi, in which case I'll have to make sure I have enough Euro that morning. It probably depends if we'll be making the trip more than once, ie popping back to the ship for lunch as I believe the ticket for the shuttle can be re-used? Are children cheaper or do they pay full price?

This is what I've found out so far but some of information may be out of date. I'll include if it's walkable as that's obviously free! :p

Casablanca

Shuttle: NCL provides a no-charge shuttle bus to near UN Square in the town.

Walkable: ? (in case there's a queue for the bus)

Funchal, Madeira

Shuttle: $8 for shuttle - drops off at sea front opposite ship (near cable car, I think)

Taxi: ?

Walkable: ?

Santa Cruz, Tenerife

Shuttle: Free shuttle bus by Port Authority (to where?)

Walkable: 15/20 minute walk to the town (from port gates?)

Arrecife, Lanzarote

Shuttle: ?

Walkable: 40 minutes apparently :eek:

Malaga

Shuttle: ?

Walkable: ?

This would also make a useful thread for others taking that itinerary too and want to DIY. Thanks.

We were there last month.

At Funchal/Maderia, from the cruise ship to the area in town, opposite the ship, its a nice 20 minute walk, at a leisurely pace. The town area is easy to walk around in, and close to the cable car. I do not know the cost of a taxi, but driving its about 3 minutes. The shuttle is 20 minutes with folks loading and unloading.

Can't help/remember the others, we hopped onto shore excursion buses, that were right outside the ships. :o

Thanks. Madeira is the biggie as it could cost us $32 and we are spending the whole time off the ship. Good to know we can walk instead.

The whole town is walking-friendly. Lots of big, wide sidewalks.

And you can see the ships docked, from most of the town.

They will give you a city map/port guide for the ports with the Freestyle Daily the nite before arriving.

Great cruise!

Check the message boards for each individual port and you will see the different ways people did it and costs of each. Tenerife, and Funchal we easily walked. I was on tours in the others.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

In Casablanca the ship will dock in a commercial port, so not walkable, but once your outside the port then a lot of the city is walkable. Nonetheless I doubt I'd have had been as comfortable walking around there if I couldn't speak arabic.

The city itself is a bit of a dump, so if there are excursions available to Rabat or other parts of Morocco I wholeheartedly urge you to take them. Morocco is a beautiful, vibrant and rich country, unfortunately unless you know Casablanca quite well it does not reflect that.

Edited by bahrain_not_dubai!