NCLer Just booked our first Carnival Cruise

RIvacationgirl

Hi all. Just booked the Victory for July. Any special hints will be helpful! Opted for the anytime dining. Any favorite venues?

Welcome to Carnival!!

We always opt for anytime dining however we rarely eat in the MDR. So I can't help you much there.

As for venues, the comedy shows are usually very good. There are family and adult shows.

The nightly shows can be hit and miss, some are really good, others not so much.

All shows are first come first serve, but may have two per evening or they repeat on a second night during the cruise.

I have never sailed on Victory so I don't have any ship related insights for you.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Anytime Dining on Carnival is for the MDR.

Unlike NCL(in our opinion) the food in the MDR is quite good! You don't need to pay for specialty restaurants to find a decent meal. Also on Carnival if you find the first night that you like your wait staff, you can request to be seated in that same area each night. That way the staff gets to know you and your needs. You can see the MDR menu ahead of time on your tv screen or posted outside the door during the day.

Usually the pay steak house has a special on the first night of the cruise and they'll give you a free bottle of wine. I don't know the quality of the wine that night but the meal is worth the extra up charge of $35 per person.

We were on the Victory last year. It was a good ship (the MDR staff and room steward were my favorites of all my cruises) but there was no steakhouse, Guy's Burgers or Blue Iguana. They do have steakhouse options on the menu for an additional cost in the MDR. Just know that this ship is fun (as I think all Carnival ships are) but a bit older without any 2.0 upgrades.

We are leaving from Miami for 4 nights.

We have opted for the anytime dining. We are four people traveling- myself and DH and our best friends (another married couple). We have balcony rooms 7345 and 7347.

The shower looks "interesting". we are used to a tub on NCL. Is there a lip on the bottom of the shower to keep in the water?

I noticed an adult retreat area- what exactly is that?

Do they have martini tastings?

You have given such helpful info- thanks!:D

Most, if not all of the Carnival ships have an adults only Serenity area, with lounge chairs, regular padded chairs, sun and shade, and a hot tub or two. They have bar waiters who come and take your drink orders. It is a very enjoyable area with nice sea views.

They have a Martini bar that has a sampler, like a small flight of wine at wine tastings. I did this with my DH and we left quit happy.