American Icon Grill Menu

I have read several negative reviews of the American Icon Grill. It seems like the selection of food is the most common reason. I would like to know if the actual menu differs significantly from the menu on RCL's website. Based on the on-line menu we made 3 reservations because the selections were so appealing.

So I am trying to find out if they changed it or if we just have different tastes in food. I was particularly interested in the Fried Chicken, Short Ribs, Dry Aged Hamburger and the pretzel dogs.

If anyone has a menu from the American Icon please post.

Thanks

I have read several negative reviews of the American Icon Grill. It seems like the selection of food is the most common reason. I would like to know if the actual menu differs significantly from the menu on RCL's website. Based on the on-line menu we made 3 reservations because the selections were so appealing.

So I am trying to find out if they changed it or if we just have different tastes in food. I was particularly interested in the Fried Chicken, Short Ribs, Dry Aged Hamburger and the pretzel dogs.

Thanks

All the items you have mentioned are on the menu and are really quite good.

Thanks

I just got off today and when I booked my cruise AIG looked to me like the best

all around menu so I booked for two nights. The day of embarkation I

had a reservation at 7pm was seated right away, I took 20 min until my waiter

came to the table, the service was very slow, the food came cold, the meal took

forever, however the menu if I recall is very similar to the website.

After the experience I cancelled my second reservation

I just got off today and when I booked my cruise AIG looked to me like the best

all around menu so I booked for two nights. The day of embarkation I

had a reservation at 7pm was seated right away, I took 20 min until my waiter

came to the table, the service was very slow, the food came cold, the meal took

forever, however the menu if I recall is very similar to the website.

After the experience I cancelled my second reservation

Unfortunately service at dinner on the first night is always slow no matter if you are on Quantum or any other ship in the fleet.

We went to American Icon twice on our cruise. It was delicious both times, including the first night of the cruise. We were seated immediately. The waiter on the first night was very busy, but still nice. He took our drinks order and food order. He had help bringing out the food. We saw the head person clearing tables as well. Dinner took about an hour and a half. We were very pleased! The food you mentioned was all on the menu. I don't have a copy of the menu but do have pictures of the food!

Yankee Franks - delicious!

205_zpsd61b62a1.jpg

209_zpse0a7d181.jpg

Louisiana wings - excellent! They ran out the 2nd time we were there but then the waiter came running up with some. Yee Haw! (He kept saying that to us...)

208_zpsb4b4d3e9.jpg

213_zpsb7f1e5be.jpg

Thanks

Please ignore all online QOS menus. Actual menus are very different except for maybe Jamie's.

Unfortunately service at dinner on the first night is always slow no matter if you are on Quantum or any other ship in the fleet.

Everyone I met that had dinner there on any night said it was shocking. We ate there for lunch, it was very very average food and service was the same. Do not get too excited.

From the reviews here, the American Icon stands out as the most complained about restaurant. The reviews are consistent with our experience and others we spoke with on the Dec 1 sailing. Biggest issue was service. Our group switched our second reservation there to a different restaurant.

I remember thinking at the time that these complaints and cancellations couldn't bode well for the management of the AI. Overall our DD experience was positive.

I think the apparent AI problems point out one of the strengths of this system. It gives those in charge of dining operations a barometer to measure how each restaurant is being received by the dining cruiser.

Complaints, cancellations, and empty chairs tell them right away that something is wrong with either the food or the service and corrections can be made. At least in theory:D

I think PhilNDebbieAtSea did a good job of covering it. American Icon was our favorite restaurant for the 19 nights we were onboard. Booked it 6 times and ended up there a 7th for the B2B lunch. It was the only restaurant with multiple appealing items to pick from for each course. We ate there the first night of each sailing and service was always quick. There were a few nights (and this goes for every venue) that we commented that things felt slower than usual but sure enough when we were done eating we'd look at out watch and it would still only have been 75-90 minutes, on par with traditional dining. The waiters here were the most casual and friendly, partly because of the venues theme. Everyone has their own tastes though, so many people on our sailing were complaining about American Icon in general, raving about Chic, and hating the service in The Grande. We loved everything about American Icon, thought The Grande had the best service out of the four, and absolutely hated Chic. So do not listed to anyone's opinion about a venue. Look at the menus, decide if there is stuff to eat and base your dining choices off of that. Nobody can say what you will think, and for some reason this seems extra valid for Quantum as the opinions are so widely varied.

Once again, food taste/selection is so subjective, but I agree that AI was the most disliked restaurant in discussions with any other passengers on our NYE cruise. Everyone seemed to like different restaurants, but never this one.

Did the Mac and Cheese (barely edible) and turkey (so overcooked and inedible). Didn't even wait around for their strange deserts (American Icon and no apple pie there!) and went upstairs to the WJ. Just booked the Anthem and we are going to every restaurant except this horrible spot.

Once again, food taste/selection is so subjective, but I agree that AI was the most disliked restaurant in discussions with any other passengers on our NYE cruise. Everyone seemed to like different restaurants, but never this one.

Did the Mac and Cheese (barely edible) and turkey (so overcooked and inedible). Didn't even wait around for their strange deserts (American Icon and no apple pie there!) and went upstairs to the WJ. Just booked the Anthem and we are going to every restaurant except this horrible spot.

We were surprised about the lack of Apple Pie as well. The deserts are the one place they need to refresh the menu. The coffee donuts were delicious but the rest was meh. The cookie seems like a wasted item with better ones available any time in the Windjammer. I loved the personal pumpkin pies they served on Thanksgiving so I would love to see those along with Apple Pie added to the menu.

Wonder what they did differently with the Macaroni and Cheese on that sailing. I probably ate it 6 times during our sailings and loved it every time. The one day I even ate it as an appetizer and then ordered it for my desert as well. It was probably the best appetizer on the ship. The reuben turnover would be second and the pretzel hot dogs third; all of which were at American Icon Grill.

Thanks to everyone who had responded and particular thanks to PhilandDebbieat seas for your pictures and narrative. As I thought, it sounds more like food preferences than quality of food (except for the cold food in one example). I live in the NJ/NY area so I am used to slow service and would not consider 75-90 minutes too long to eat.

I feel much better about keeping our reservations as they serve more foods that we are used to eating (yes I love fried foods and cheese sauces!). Your pictures looked very appetizing!! Although I would prefer white gravy with the chicken vs the brown gravy.

If the pix posted are any indication I'm not surprised there are complaints. Fried foods, cheese sauce and over the top desserts are not my idea of an enjoyable dinner. It is the reason I haven't eaten in the buffet in years

Those pics are spot on. Quite horrific.

Is the lunch menu at AI the same as the dinner menu or are there different items on it?

Totally different.

To be fair I had a half decent burger in there at lunch and my wife a steak sandwich.

The chicken wings just taste like something out of a cheap frozen meal.

Thanks to everyone who had responded and particular thanks to PhilandDebbieat seas for your pictures and narrative. As I thought, it sounds more like food preferences than quality of food (except for the cold food in one example). I live in the NJ/NY area so I am used to slow service and would not consider 75-90 minutes too long to eat.

I feel much better about keeping our reservations as they serve more foods that we are used to eating (yes I love fried foods and cheese sauces!). Your pictures looked very appetizing!! Although I would prefer white gravy with the chicken vs the brown gravy.

[emoji1] You're welcome!! Don't worry you won't go hungry!! There are so many wonderful food venues. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk