Carnival steakhouse for kids?

southerncrusingal

Ohhh how I love the steakhouse on Carnival! My last cruise on the Sunshine my DH and I really enjoyed our experience in the steakhouse. We'll we are planning a family trip on the Dream and we are trying to decide if we should book the steakhouse for the whole family. I don't remember if there is a kid friendly menu or a discount price for kids, do anyone know? Thanks :)

I searched for this previously and really it is going to depend on how old your kids are. There is no kids menu, and they will pay the full price, so theey better be able to eat. I'd take my 6 year (soon to be 7 year old; but not the other two). I don't think an infant would be charged though if they are not eating a meal, but why subject yourself, or others to that?

If they are over two, let them eat with Camp Carnival and the both of you enjoy the steakhouse. If they are under 2, book it and take your chances that the child will stay happy though the meal.

We plan on taking our 6 and 9 year old next month on the Breeze. This will be their 7th cruise and they know how to behave. I did ask on the Splendor last week about how they handle kids. There is not a separate menu and my kids wouldn't need that, but they obviously could not eat an entire adult portion. They told me that depending on the steakhouse manager, they will usually let 2 smaller children share an adult charge.

How old are your kids and can they sit through a 2+ hour dinner in a relatively quiet environment?

I love the steakhouse as well, but when we sailed on the Dream, we left our son with grandma while my wife and I enjoyed our dinner. While our son is used to dining out frequently back home and knows how to behave in restaurants, we knew that 2 hours in a more sedated and upscale environment would've pushed his limits. So we decided against taking him. Looking back, it was the right decision. We enjoyed our dinner more and he enjoyed himself a lot more doing kid stuff instead of having to sit quietly for hours.

I'm not saying that you should leave your kids behind. What I'm saying is that only you know what your kids can handle. Halfway through a $35pp dinner is not the time to realize that it was a bad idea to bring the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I would NEVER bring my kids, but they're 4, 5, and 6 and are HORRID in restaurants... even places like Chilis or Applebees lol. For your sake and every one around you (many who may have children and be going to the steakhouse as a date night like a few people have mentioned), please only bring your kids if they're VERY well behaved in an upscale restaurant environment. Would you bring them to a 5 star restaurant back home without getting kicked out? If yes and they'll eat the food, then go for it!

Doesn't necessarily depend on age. If they are used to eating long meals that way, a younger child might be fine.

That said, my two will not be going to the steakhouse for a while. They are old enough to sit though it, but not interested in a full course meal enough to appreciate it. After a while, even I get antsy. And some things are just for me and my DH to enjoy.

Unless you know you kids can behave, please don't bring them to the steakhouse.

We ate in the steakhouse on the Breeze on New Years Eve. It started out as a lovely dinner until one family arrived with a 7-8 year old an a toddler. They both had tablets and played movies at a loud volume. The toddler played with knives and banged them together for most of the meal. The parents were conversing with the table beside them and ignored their kids through the whole meal. It was unpleasant. The servers tried their best to occupy the children even though it was not their job.

I did not feel the need to complain as the servers were trying to do all they could. Just rude rude parent.

That said, my two will not be going to the steakhouse for a while. They are old enough to sit though it, but not interested in a full course meal enough to appreciate it. And some things are just for me and my DH to enjoy.

I agree with this!!!

Could do it but they won't appreciate it as much as my DW and I and won't eat $35 worth of food between them even if they combined it. I shudder to think of spending $70 on them for one meal. :(

Thanks for the laugh as I feel your pain. Our 4 year old even after much training just can't sit still, we rarely eat out as to not subject others to his behavior. I have raised two kids already (20&22) so I know it is temporary and will get better. I'm glad they added some steaks to purchase through the main dining room in case we aren't able to go to the steakhouse on our next trip.

I would NEVER bring my kids, but they're 4, 5, and 6 and are HORRID in restaurants... even places like Chilis or Applebees lol. For your sake and every one around you (many who may have children and be going to the steakhouse as a date night like a few people have mentioned), please only bring your kids if they're VERY well behaved in an upscale restaurant environment. Would you bring them to a 5 star restaurant back home without getting kicked out? If yes and they'll eat the food, then go for it!