Back Home

We just spent 8 days on Quantum. The ship is beautiful -- very clean and modern. Had an obstructed view balcony (the obstruction was barely noticeable) and was one of the nicest cabins we have ever had (65+ voyages). I particularly liked that the huge Christmas tree was still up for pictures. And the free internet for the whole voyage was a big hit with everyone.

Now the dining. We had embarkation lunch in the Windjammer and it was fine. Lots of choices and the food was fresh. We only ate there one other time for lunch so I really can't comment further on Windjammer food. We liked the Cafe 270 for snacks and lunch. Also went to the Promenade cafe for coffee and tea. (Disappointing that the latte machine in the DL was broken for the last three days of the trip.) The evening complimentary restaurant food was very good -- some of the best I have had on RCI ships. I had made reservations for 4 people online. All our reservations were still there when we boarded. We did wait some time before being seated but no than 15 minutes. Dinner took between one and a half and two hours. Oh, and we had a sit down breakfast at American Icon Grill each morning and that was very good.

Would we go on Quantum (or Anthem) again? Yes, but will have watch prices. We paid almost twice as much for this trip then others on RCI. Would not be willing to pay as much on a regular basis. Note: I have 3 trips planned for Grandeur between now and the end of March.

I will glad to,answer any questions. Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson

Some of the best food ?

I found the food the most average of any ship I had ever sailed.

Loved the ship but the food was really a disappointment for me.

We were on the same cruise.

I was on here, too. I also thought the food was, for the most part, much better than the regular MDR food. we were disappointed in american icon grill (except for the burger and the peanut butter candy bar, which were both delicious), but otherwise thought the food was very good, except for the couple of instances noted below.

i think a lot of the issues just may have depended on when you were eating where. my party of 6 ate at jamie's 3 times (1 lunch, 2 dinners); 2 were excellent, 1 had a couple of dishes that were so off they needed to be sent back (though the replacements we ordered were great). we also ate at coastal kitchen 3 times (2 lunch, 1 dinner); 2 times were great, once was so-so. similarly, others have reported loving american icon; for us, pretty much everything we ordered was bland beyond belief other than the burger and candy bar. because it's not as standardized as a MDR, i think there is still some training going on and some working out of kinks, which is leading to some disparate experiences depending on when and where you ate. food is so subjective, anyway, you add different chefs or prep or seasonings or whatever, you're bound to get wildly differing views.

I am glad both of you loved the ship, though. My whole group did, too. I was expecting a disaster and ended up so thrilled with the cruise, i can't wait 'til anthem.

Some of the best food ?

I found the food the most average of any ship I had ever sailed.

Loved the ship but the food was really a disappointment for me.

We were on the same cruise.

Tastes do vary, of course, but our group of 4 were very pleased with the food. We ate dinner 3 times in Grande, 3 times in Chic, and one time each in Silk and American Icon Grill. The food definitely was better than typical RCI main dining room food on other ships, in our opinion.

Tastes do vary, of course, but our group of 4 were very pleased with the food. We ate dinner 3 times in Grande, 3 times in Chic, and one time each in Silk and American Icon Grill. The food definitely was better than typical RCI main dining room food on other ships, in our opinion.

I also though the food was much better than my other sailings on Explorer.

No pictures but we had 7122 and 7120. There was a white ledge sticking out so we could not look straight down but all else was perfect. I would definitely take those rooms again.

We have pictures of the balcony from the cabin crawl. :) No idea how to post them here, but once we figure it out, i'll put a couple up.