pinnacle grill reservations

KalenaD

We are sailing on the Westerdam dec 4, our second HAL cruise. We did not go to the pinnacle grill on the first trip, but on this one our TA is giving us dinner as a perk. I have heard you should make reservations before leaving in order to get a good time, but I don't know if I can since it will be a gift, any thoughts?

Also I don't want to go on a formal night, will ships services know what nights are formal if I call? THANKS

Yes, you can pre-book for Pinnacle even though it is a gift from your TA.

Ships Services probably cannot tell you for sure which nights are formal.

I don't know off the top of my head what itinerary Westerdam is doing first week of December BUT if it is a seven dayer, the odds are very strong that night two and the next to last night will be your formal nights. If you tell us your itinerary, we may be able to help more. (I don't feel like researching it myself. :) )

We have gone to Pinnacle on formal nights. I'm not sure I understand why people avoid it those nights.

I just found your itinerary.

It is most likely your first formal night will be MOnday, Nassau. You sail at Noon so plenty of time for people to dress etc

You have a sea day on Friday and that will be your second formal night.

Yes, you can pre-book for Pinnacle even though it is a gift from your TA.

Sail, I have tried to pre-book mine but they told me no.:( It is part of a package deal I got through my TA. Is there a difference between a gift and a package deal from a TA? Should I try to call HAL again as maybe the person I talked to was misinformed?:confused:

I was only able to make a pre-paid reservation for our upcoming Zuiderdam cruise. When I called several weeks later to make reservations for our complimentary Pinnacle dinner, I was told that we would have to book this night when we actually were on the ship.

BLStokes

Are you talking about the complimentary Pinnacle that you get through AMEX?

If so, we have never been able to book that until we get on the ship and show them our letter. And the last few cruises we were able to use it as the Pinnacle was already completely booked the first evening which is the only night the AMEX is good for.

Kalena,

We are on the same cruise as you and have made one reservation for the Pinnacle Grill already (this is on the 7th for my 50th Birthday). We have one other night to book, and am not sure which one to go for either. Was thinking about the last night, but am really not sure. Look forward to seeing you onboard.

Sue

BLStokes

Are you talking about the complimentary Pinnacle that you get through AMEX?

KK, no the Pinnacle is part of a package of perks we received through our online TA, (wine, Pinnacle dinner, etc). When asked how we were to receive these perks, it was stated that these are provided through HAL. I'm assuming that we will receive some type of card in our stateroom to take to the Pinnacle prior to booking our reservation. It's my understanding that we will be able to book any night, if available. We've already booked 1 night in advance. When I booked our "paid" night, Ship Services noted that we also had a complimentary night as well. I should have asked at that time if we'd be able to book an additional night then. Several weeks later when I called, the answer was "no."

It does seem very unfair to you AMEX holders that you are limited to the first night only. I don't think the cost of preparing the dinner is going to be more after the first night!

I was just told by my TA that we could not book until we were onbaord. We also have the Pinnacle & wine deal our TA gave us...........was hoping to book early though as I have read that it is so busy now.............oh well.............what can I do??? As long as I am sailing away as planned I will be happy!

We have gone to Pinnacle on formal nights. I'm not sure I understand why people avoid it those nights.

The reason we don't want to go on formal night is that part of the reason we like cruising is meeting people, we enjoy seeing everyone dressed up in thier finest, especially those we have met already, which is usually your dinner tablemates, so we don't want to miss that. Does anyone know if my TA can make the reservation since she is paying for the dinner? will call her on Monday and ask for sure.

Archived