New to NCL. Several questions!

Hi all! Just getting ready to book my first NCL cruise. Long time RCI cruiser looking for a change, and a higher level of service. Booking a Haven aft suite on Getaway for this fall, and I have a number of questions. I've done some searching here, but alas, the search function is still like trying to find a needle in a haystack! So, here goes:

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Is there a comprehensive, current list of what is and is not included somewhere? I've seen the T&C page, but it doesn't list what is excluded as "super premium".

Do they make you sign the chits like RCI? Or is it like Celebrity, where they just swipe the card and you're good to go?

Fresh squeezed juices? Specialty coffees? Are they included?

What about bottled water? Sparkling water?

Haven Room Service

I saw that the menu from The Haven Restaurant is available for room service. What about the other restaurants? Complimentary? Specialty?

Is there a general room service menu, and if so, does anyone have a link to it?

In room liquor

Can I order a bottle for my room like Celebrity? Or is NCL like RCI with no in-room booze whatsoever?

Smoking

I assume smoking is no longer permitted on balconies, correct?

How is the cigar lounge? Do they have full bar service in there?

What about outdoor cigar smoking? Are there designated areas?

Specialty dining

Is it necessary to book specialty dining prior to boarding? Is it usually widely available once on board?

I apologize if some of these are repeated questions, and thanks for any input!

I can only answer about the UBP as I was looking at it today.

Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, draft beer, bottled beer and glasses of wine up to $10 and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board.

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $10. One (1) beverage per person per transaction. Package can be used in all restaurants, lounges, bars and Great Stirrup Cay.

Hi all! Just getting ready to book my first NCL cruise. Long time RCI cruiser looking for a change, and a higher level of service. Booking a Haven aft suite on Getaway for this fall, and I have a number of questions. I've done some searching here, but alas, the search function is still like trying to find a needle in a haystack! So, here goes:

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Is there a comprehensive, current list of what is and is not included somewhere? I've seen the T&C page, but it doesn't list what is excluded as "super premium".

There is an exhaustive thread in this forum... it contains official lists.

Do they make you sign the chits like RCI? Or is it like Celebrity, where they just swipe the card and you're good to go?

You sign each purchase...

Fresh squeezed juices? Specialty coffees? Are they included?

What about bottled water? Sparkling water?

Specialty coffee is a no ... I don't think there are fresh squeezed juices offered either. Bottled water is a no.

Haven Room Service

I saw that the menu from The Haven Restaurant is available for room service. What about the other restaurants? Complimentary? Specialty?

Everything is available to you in your cabin as a suite guest as far as the restaurant menus. You may order from wherever you like and dine in cabin if you choose.

Is there a general room service menu, and if so, does anyone have a link to it?

There IS a room service menu for non-suites, but it's fairly basic compared to the suite/Haven menu... extremely limited if you are not in a suite.

In room liquor

Can I order a bottle for my room like Celebrity? Or is NCL like RCI with no in-room booze whatsoever?

You certainly may order a bar setup in advance for your cabin. Search this forum for "bar setup".

Smoking

No balcony smoking... Cigar lounge seats 15.. no full bar there as there is one right outside. Outdoors... one side of the ship is smoking, I am thinking you could smoke on that side on the outdoor decks.

Specialty dining

Is it necessary to book specialty dining prior to boarding? Is it usually widely available once on board?

Being is a suite you will have access to the concierge who can make your reservations for you in most cases without having to do it in advance. However, special care should be given to Teppanyaki as that fills up really fast and might be best to reserve in advance.

No issues... hope these answers help a bit.

Edited by cliffd64

<snip>

Smoking

Specialty dining

No balcony smoking.

Cigar bar depends on the ship and its location. E.g. Jade's cigar bar is right by Bar City so full bar service; on the Spirit it is way up on deck 12 near the spa; on the Breakaway class it is on deck 8 right next to a bar and the Waterfront.

All outdoor smoking areas are OK for cigars (I know - I smoke small cigars).

Speciality dining is easily available to book when on-board - they keep some (most?) places back for on-board booking. Teppanyaki books out quickly due to limited seating though.