Transfering a booking question

S.S.Oceanlover

I booked our cruise on line on the princess night. If I want to transfer my booking to a travel agent how long do I have to do that?

I know that I have to do it before final payment and booking can 't be paid in full.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 6 using Cruise Critic App

Just contact your TA or ask for quotes from multiple TAs. Once you've decided who you want to transfer your booking to, give them your booking # or Captain's Circle #. It's that simple. You have up until final payment to transfer your booking. Make sure you select a TA who will discount your cruise and give you OBC.

Just contact your TA or ask for quotes from multiple TAs. Once you've decided who you want to transfer your booking to, give them your booking # or Captain's Circle #. It's that simple. You have up until final payment to transfer your booking. Make sure you select a TA who will discount your cruise and give you OBC.

Thank you very much Pam.

I appreciate your time.

Bill

Pam, technically not true if you have money down on the cruise. Then, you have to send fax (Princess will give you the number) and include the Agency's name, address, agent's name, telephone number, booking number, and your SIGNATURE. I just did it. Call princess and they will give you complete instructions.

However, if you don't have money down on the cruise (like using a FCC), then the online agency can do everything.

My booking with Princess was less than the current price structure that both the agency AND Princess were offering. I was able to transfer with no penalty so I will be paying the lower price, plus picked up OBC from the online agency. It takes up to 72 hours for the transfer to occur, although the Princess rep said they usually do it fast. Final payment for me is in three days, and I faxed the info last Friday. I checked online today and the transfer went through.

Edited by lolane1

Pam, technically not true if you have money down on the cruise. Then, you have to send fax (Princess will give you the number) and include the Agency's name, address, agent's name, telephone number, booking number, and your SIGNATURE. I just did it. Call princess and they will give you complete instructions.

However, if you don't have money down on the cruise (like using a FCC), then the online agency can do everything.

I thought that was only if you were switching from one TA to another. I've booked cruises while on a cruise and transferred them to a TA when I got home but you're right, that was booking with an FCC. I didn't realize that if you've paid the full deposit with Princess that it made a difference. Edited by Pam in CA

You can also transfer a booking from a TA back to Princess. I had to submit a letter asking that the booking be pulled back in to Princess. It took a couple days for it to be finalized. TA had upset me so no more bookings for him.