Are the cocktail menus back?

Dnmoggy

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has sailed recently on Solstice and can confirm if the cocktail menus have re appeared? Apparently mid last year they disappeared. No idea why. I'd like to try some new ones but would have no idea what to ask for. Also, as this is our second sailing with celebrity we are now CC members. If there are any perks for this (vouchers for example) will they come to us automatically or do you have to be in the know and ask? Our cruise agent has noted it on our booking. Lastly, hoping to take my very well behaved 10 year old for a gown up mocktail on formal night as a bit of a treat. Would he be allowed in say, the Martini bar?

Thank you in advance

Dani

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has sailed recently on Solstice and can confirm if the cocktail menus have re appeared? Apparently mid last year they disappeared. No idea why. I'd like to try some new ones but would have no idea what to ask for. Also, as this is our second sailing with celebrity we are now CC members. If there are any perks for this (vouchers for example) will they come to us automatically or do you have to be in the know and ask? Our cruise agent has noted it on our booking. Lastly, hoping to take my very well behaved 10 year old for a gown up mocktail on formal night as a bit of a treat. Would he be allowed in say, the Martini bar?

Thank you in advance

Dani

The menus disappeared?? :confused:

While I wasn't on the Solstice last year, I have always seen menus available at the bars. It's possible that they were removed (along with a great number of other things) if there were issues with Noro on the ship. Chances are you will be just fine when you are on board. Just ask if you don't see as they may not be physically on top of the bar.

Hi,

Thank you in advance

Dani

I saw them on Equinox in December.

We had no martini menus on Solstice from Honolulu to Vancouver and no noro either. We were told they were being reprinted. I got online and downloaded them from the net [emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise Junky, I was on that cruise with you. They WERE being reprinted because after the Sydney to HI leg they went back to US pricing of drink + gratuity rather than the gratuity included price. Additionally, all of the wine prices increased on that second leg, so all the menus were updated.

There were plenty of threads around that time (My/June 2014) about how prices increased but price thresholds on the drink packages did not, so more things were at added cost.

I noticed a lack of drinks menus on my Century trip last October and am worrying a little about it for my Solstice trip. It is not that there were not any menus, just they didn't have much information on them. I am used to the HAL menus which detail every cocktail they have and I get quite adventurous but on the Century other than 4 or 5 choices there was nothing else listed. It was very annoying. I wonder if they did this as they had to print special lists for the Australian leg of the cruise and they did not want to do a big print run.

I wouldn't mind getting a copy of the full list of cocktails available so I can at least know what cocktails Celebrity does.

Cruise Junky, I was on that cruise with you. They WERE being reprinted because after the Sydney to HI leg they went back to US pricing of drink + gratuity rather than the gratuity included price. Additionally, all of the wine prices increased on that second leg, so all the menus were updated.

There were plenty of threads around that time (My/June 2014) about how prices increased but price thresholds on the drink packages did not, so more things were at added cost.

Yes, I remember the wine jumping. Every day in the martini bar they said they'd have them tomorrow. Never happened. We didn't have an issue in any other bar. I need to publicly thank the priestman's for having up to date martini menus on their site :)

They don't have the menus like they use to and I think it is because of the drink packages. There are menus for the martinis at that bar and also for the Molecular bar.

I think they eliminated the menus to eliminate people from trying every drink on it. Now you have to tell them what you want and most people don't really know what they want because they don't know. It is easier when they see a drink suggestion. It is also more labor intensive to make those fancy drinks that were on the menu. Now most just ask for a simple mixed drink, beer or glass of wine same as if they are in the local neighborhood bar.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹

They don't have the menus like they use to and I think it is because of the drink packages. There are menus for the martinis at that bar and also for the Molecular bar.

I think they eliminated the menus to eliminate people from trying every drink on it. Now you have to tell them what you want and most people don't really know what they want because they don't know. It is easier when they see a drink suggestion. It is also more labor intensive to make those fancy drinks that were on the menu. Now most just ask for a simple mixed drink, beer or glass of wine same as if they are in the local neighborhood bar.

Drink up 🍸🍺🍻🍷🍹

Cheeky beggars.........I'm going to print off the Prieismans list and make sure I order every one.....

I don't think I noticed anyone answering your question regarding your son going to the bar on formal night. I think if you use the seating not directly at the bar, you are probably fine. Even at the bar, no one would probably say anything it's just that I think it is probably not "right" but that's me. The bar doesn't really have an entrance anyway, it's just off the walkway between various parts of the ship by the main atrium.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi,

Lastly, hoping to take my very well behaved 10 year old for a gown up mocktail on formal night as a bit of a treat. Would he be allowed in say, the Martini bar?

Thank you in advance

Dani

I don't see how it would be a problem to get your son a non-alcoholic beverage while at the bar. The only thing I'm worried about is that the conversations going on around you might be slightly more adult than you want him to hear. Oh, and judgey people will always give judgey stares (but hopefully keep their mouths shut!).

Cheeky beggars.........I'm going to print off the Prieismans list and make sure I order every one.....

I made a screen shot of them and used them during my last cruise.

It was also interesting to see the increase in prices for drinks since they started to include the drink pack as a promo.

Drink Up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞