Fort Lauderdale car rental

cruzin4sun

If you are interested in using a local company, I have used Gold Coast Car Rental on several occasions for my rentals. They are a family owned business located just outside of Port Everglades and the Fort Lauderdale airport. They offer a complimentary service to and from both the port and airport. I have found their rates to be better then the airport rates at the times I have rented, plus their service has always been quick and efficient. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a rental in the South Florida area.

Thrifty/Dollar is actually the closest...being just outside the PE terminal gate. However I've also used Budget on 17th Street..all have a comp shuttle to and from the port. Go with whichever company gives you the best rate...and try to avoid any company that takes you to FLL to pick up your rental...extra fees may apply.

We've rented from National & have been pleased. They have a free shuttle bus from the port to the airport to pick up the car, & then we've just returned it at the airport before our flight. We've also done it the other way -- rented the care pre-cruise & returned it to airport, then taken their shuttle to the port.

Budget or Avis?

Found both, comparable price, same pick up location (Near Port Everglades SE 17th Street) and same return to FLL/Hlywd Int'l Airport. Although the Avis booking says "port everglades shuttle for cruise ships" so I guess you get free shuttle with that booking and not with Budget?

Not sure which company to book with, as we're completely unfamiliar with the FLL area.

Found a deal online at Costco website (Cdn website .ca) we can book here online and rent there, discounted price for Costco members (I learned about Costco car rentals on another thread on Cr Critic, but I can't find it now to get back and ask this question! LOL)

We're cruising with Celebrity in April and return to Port Everglades at 7:00am but our flight home isn't until late that evening around 9pm!

Really don't have a lot of experience renting cars and again, FLL isn't familiar so looking for closest, easiest car rental to get to once we disembark (possibly carry off our luggage) and get to rental car quickly to capitalize on the time we have with the rental for the day!

Car rental suggestions....are we on the right track??

As soon as we figure out the car rental, we can then try and decide what we want to do in FLL for the day!

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Budget or Avis?

Found both, comparable price, same pick up location (Near Port Everglades SE 17th Street) and same return to FLL/Hlywd Int'l Airport. Although the Avis booking says "port everglades shuttle for cruise ships" so I guess you get free shuttle with that booking and not with Budget?

Not sure which company to book with, as we're completely unfamiliar with the FLL area.

Found a deal online at Costco website (Cdn website .ca) we can book here online and rent there, discounted price for Costco members (I learned about Costco car rentals on another thread on Cr Critic, but I can't find it now to get back and ask this question! LOL)

We're cruising with Celebrity in April and return to Port Everglades at 7:00am but our flight home isn't until late that evening around 9pm!

Really don't have a lot of experience renting cars and again, FLL isn't familiar so looking for closest, easiest car rental to get to once we disembark (possibly carry off our luggage) and get to rental car quickly to capitalize on the time we have with the rental for the day!

Car rental suggestions....are we on the right track??

As soon as we figure out the car rental, we can then try and decide what we want to do in FLL for the day!

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Consider Budget through Costco...you can use their comp shuttle to the 17th Street location and then return it to FLL.